Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Center Retrofits Design Program Manager experienced in the design management of critical facilities to become part of our Data Center Facilities Engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. The establishment of new regions in Europe, US and Asia are important steps in the evolution of the Facebook’s infrastructure expansion. The Facilities Engineering team designs retrofit and upgrade projects, and ensures our highly reliable environment is guaranteed. The ideal candidate will be able to work broadly, both leading critical projects cross-functionally and across several regions. This position is full-time and located in our offices in Dublin, Ireland. Expected travel will be approximately 20%.
1. Meet regularly with engineering and cross-functional teams to identify project pipelines.
2. Develop and maintain global strategy for external design engineer consultant partnerships (Engineer-of-Record or EOR), manage relationships and participate in business reviews.
3. Develop and manage EOR bid and selection process, including interviews, management of deliverable timelines and selection.
4. Manage retrofit design development for entire lifecycle of the project, through SD/DD/CD phases.
5. Prepare and issue design RFP to candidate EORs in coordination with Facebook internal engineering resources. Ensure all appropriate engineering disciplines with scope of work are engaged in RFP development.
6. Manage and/or respond to design RFI's, review submittals/shop-drawings and survey supplier factories if relevant to the project.
7. Initiate and facilitate kickoff meetings with EOR to introduce project team, review design intent / basis of design, etc. and discuss or clarify project deliverables and expectations.
8. Initiate and facilitate design review meetings inclusive of external and internal stakeholders.
9. Coordinate multi-project interdependencies, as needed (i.e., multiple projects impacting same drawings/sheets).
10. Coordinate design deliverables timeline to ensure alignment with overall project schedule and provide feedback on potential risks to project.
11. Maintain and provide third-parties with Facebook documentation, such as specifications and other standards.
12. Develop internal engineering design quality review standards to promote thoroughness and consistency among engineers and across projects.
13. Structure appropriate contracting strategy with EOR per project. Review proposals and bids to support EOR selections.
14. Develop and maintain a Retrofits Design Program Management budget forecast and perform forecasting for internal labor resourcing requirements.
15. Coordinate programmatic (multi-region) design implementation to individual data centers. Manage design philosophy throughout the lifecycle of a program with governance over site-to-site consistency, with exceptions reviewed by program lead engineer(s).
16. Manage as-built and record drawing deliverables with EOR and Contractor(s) per contract requirements and facilitate internal Facebook engineering reviews and acceptance.
17. Travel to data center sites, if needed, to lead or support project initiation, site surveys, etc.
18. Degree in architecture (AIA), engineering or construction management
19. 8+ years relevant experience in design or design management for mission-critical or large-scale projects.
20. Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
21. Experience in design consultant management.
22. Fluency in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
23. Excellent communication, presentation, project management, and reporting skills.
24. Proven ability to identify and solve problems and resolve conflicts.
25. Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively balance work load.
26. Knowledge of design/drafting methods and concepts, and familiarity with engineering, design, and construction principles and terminology.
27. Cross-discipline knowledge of complete critical facility systems, including electrical and mechanical.
28. Preferred knowledge in: BIM 360, Adobe, Bluebeam Revu, Procore, Microsoft Office
29. Preferred experience in mission critical facility design, construction, operations, and maintenance
Source : Facebook