Data Centre Engineer - Dublin
This is a new role which has come live due to a successful tender response. This role is to be based onsite with one of our customers who is professional provider in the cloud solutions. It will be part of a 3-person team working with the customers’ existing onsite support team, supporting a wide range of enterprise level Infrastructure.
- Perform hands-on and in-depth troubleshooting and associated repairs of failed blade server components, e.g. Hard Drives, Memory DIMM’s, Motherboards, CPU’s etc.
- Use Dell-supplied diagnostic scripts to accurately identify the failed component
- Servicing and Maintaining all cloud servers
- Perform thorough documentation of all actions taken
- Manage on-site parts locker including inventory control
- Works autonomously in providing on-site technical support to our customer
- Works collaboratively in a team environment
- Advanced hands-on experience troubleshooting & repairing Enterprise Level Servers
- Experience in large 24x7 Data Center environments
- Experience in maintenance of hardware in Servers, storages, Blades, Computes, network switches, rack and chassis management
- Comfortable working in a warm environment and standing up while working
- Possess strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong customer facing skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision or guidance
- Ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution
- Exhibit a flexible schedule reacting to customer needs
- Comptia A+, Comptia Server+, RHCE, LINUX, Windows, CCNA, ITIL a strong PLUS.