Location: On site with our client in Dublin 3 on behalf of itContracting/Evros
Job type: Contract (long-term)
Desired Minimum Years’ Experience: 1 - 3 years’ experience (including 1-year specialist experience in an Oracle DBA support role)
- Database administration and support to end users on IT applications and systems, using mainly (but not restricted to) Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, CosmoDB.
- First point of contact for identifying, prioritising and resolving database issues, for both production and non-production environments.
- Supporting and maintaining the database environments, to ensure 24x7 availability, including back-up and disaster recovery and coordinating and reviewing database security for all environments.
- Providing technical input to optimisation of database configuration and administration processes.
- Analyse, plan and implement upgrade projects as agreed.
- Apply specialist knowledge of IS applications and systems to contribute to policy, process and planning, and produce system / policy documentation as required.
- Manage small/medium projects/work activities or sections of larger projects and interact with stakeholders to ensure business requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate site switch to support DR capabilities.
- Maintain and utilise monitoring tools to proactively resolve potential issues within the DB estate.
- Continuous improvement of DB estate through planning & implementation of improvement initiatives.
Competencies, Educational / Professional Qualifications or certifications relevant:
- Relevant degree
- Strong proficiency in Oracle
- Experience in install, upgrade and administration of SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of Oracle running on AIX and Windows
- Working knowledge of operating within a Microsoft Windows environments
- Experience with RMAN backup and recovery
- SQL and PL/SQL coding
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and work planning abilities
- Strong process orientated approach to problem solving and working
- Demonstrated flexibility and motivational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and meet deadlines
- Automation and scripting skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.