Do you have a wealth of experience within a Facilities orientated environment and knowledge and understanding of UPS / Generation systems from a maintenance perspective? We are looking for a self-motivated Facilities Engineer to join our Operations Engineering Team based in Dublin.
The Facility Engineer will be responsible for managing the infrastructure within the Data Centre in conjunction with the Engineering and Facilities Managers. The Facilities Engineer will ensure optimum performance and longevity of critical plant by implementing and supervising the Planned Preventative Maintenance programme and through regular testing.
- Performs site inspections and monitors the building and IBX alarms
- Performs basic preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g. changing filters on air conditioning units), or manages vendors
- Assists more senior staff in repairs and corrective maintenance
- Completion of site logs and data gathering for basic permits, such as MOPs and scripts
- Assists more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and acts as directed
- Completes basic work requests and assists with circuit installations
- May work internally or with other departments to increase efficiencies and reduce potential failure scenarios
- Assists more senior staff with infrastructure projects
- Qualified Electrician or qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering and/or appropriate job related and building services experience
- Experience within a Facilities orientated environment
- Knowledge and understanding of UPS / Generation systems from a maintenance perspective
- Permit to work issuance and Contractor control knowledge
- Health and Safety & Manual Handling trained
- Experience of working with large mission critical data centre infrastructures in a Supervisory/technical/engineering capacity.
- HV / LV Trained
- Health and safety trained. e.g. IOSH trained
- Electrical installation experience
- Knowledge of cooling plant operation
Please take a look at our 'History, Culture and Future of Equinix' video on YouTube where we interviewed people from around the company and asked them why they like working for Equinix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTejQmBMA1s&feature=youtu.be