Permanent, Dublin Based
Headcount Engineering is working with a leading Medical Devices company that develops leading cutting-edge technology and now have an opportunity for a creative and capable engineer to help devise and design industry leading products.
You will be working closely with a mixed discipline team of engineers including electronic hardware engineers, software engineers and mechanical engineers to produce the companies’ next generation of products. As a design engineer you will be involved in research, design and testing of new technology. The successful candidate will be required to participate in peer design reviews, have a can-do attitude and be willing to rise to the challenge of designing, troubleshooting, validating and documenting.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in an electro-mechanical hardware design role
- BSc degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience programming logic controllers
- Knowledge of power supply design
- Integration and troubleshooting across engineering disciplines to bring products to market
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Low power analog and digital design knowledge
- PCB Layout (Altium designer, Cadstar, or similar)
- Familiarity with embedded firmware design including use of an RTOS
- Knowledge of communications and networking systems (wired or wireless)
- Experience designing for manufacturability and testability
- Knowledge of design for EMC
- Knowledge of reliability engineering