Overstock Ireland is based in the beautiful Co. Sligo and is the European software development centre for Overstock.com, a technology driven online retailer and through it's subsidiary Medici Ventures a blockchain accelerator. We strive to offer a diverse and challenging career path using the latest technologies and platforms coupled with a great life/work balance in a cost effective location on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Enjoying an excellent company culture focused on delivering technical value for our company in a collaborative team environment, life in Overstock Ireland offers an genuine opportunity to make a difference in technology company with a wide range of business challenges. Couple this with a genuine work life balance, easy access to surf, hiking, fabulous beaches and a thriving local food and music scene and we feel we're got a fairly unique package on offer.
- Support and operate the Overstock deployment pipeline
- Develop for and integrate with systems related to software builds, security scanning, deployment, and user-facing management and orchestration tools
- Maintain and support code-building systems and software
- Understand, extend, and leverage the many components that make up Overstock's infrastructure
- including both on-prem and public cloud technologies
- Provide training and end-user support to users of these systems
- Assist as needed in the operational support of Overstock's production web site and test environments
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- 2+ years’ experience in relevant field
- Have a working understanding of software development and build processes, and DevOps methods and philosophies
- Working knowledge of container orchestration systems and related technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Proficiency in programming in at least one language such as Python, Groovy, Java, Go
- Proficiency in programming REST APIs (client and server)
- Proficiency in using source control tools (such as Git) and related workflows
- Thorough understanding of IP networking/routing concepts, load balancers, DNS, and client-server models
- Software development
- HA system design
- Build pipelines
- API programming
- System administration and tuning
- Prefer Bachelors degree or technical certification
What We Offer:
Health insurance for employee and family
6% matched pension contribution
Long term disability insurance
Free to use office bicycles
Flexible working hours
Regular company social events
Onsite barrista - Subsidised coffee
A modern impressive workspace
What We Value:
Wellness & Balance
Corporate Social Responsibility
Innovation - through on Medium, Digital Trends, and Digital Commerce 360.
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.