We are seeking an Operations Engineer to join our Engineering team. In this hybrid position involving operations, development, engineering and support, you will focus on the systems and tools needed to deploy and run our hosted service offerings. You will be implementing and managing the tools that run our online business and Engineering Department, while providing you the environment and opportunity to develop your skills further into Python-based Engineering. The position reports to the Engineering manager.
1. Any of AWS, Azure, SoftLayer (IBM Cloud) cloud infrastructure / clustered Linux Systems Provisioning and Management;
2. Any of New Relic, AWS Reporting & Alerts, Metabase Reporting;
3. Amazon Linux AMI, Ubuntu or any widely used Linux distribution (e.g. CentOS, RHEL);
4. Database administration, ideally of PostgreSQL, but equally your background in an RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, DB2 is a highly desirable asset.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
1. A third level qualification relevant to the requirements of the role;
2. At least 2 years of experience supporting applications in a 24x7 automated operational environment;
3. At least 2 years of experience automating processes and providing first class user experience;
4. At least 1 year of experience with at least one public cloud: AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, GCE, VMware.