CMO Strategic Sourcing Director
Operations & Manufacturing
Supply Chain Administration
Senior Director, CMO Strategic Sourcing
To be completed by Corporate Compensation:
FLSA (USA only)
Job Summary- a concise overview of the job
The CMO Strategic Sourcing Directorprovides technical, strategic and creative leadership and direction to the Supply Chain Management function, including strategic sourcing support, materials management, and procurement of materials, parts, components systems, and services. This role develops procurement procedures to drive cost reductions, productivity improvements and organization wide accountability.
The Director, CMO Strategic Sourcing, partners with internal and external stakeholders to advance generic and branded product developments and maintain existing commercial product supply. The Director participates in the global initiatives, including strategic planning, performance management and organizational development. The Director is self-directing and is expected to collaborate successfully with peer groups to satisfy goals and objectives and strategically position the department in areas for the future is a proactive leader who is responsible and accountable for all aspects of supply chain management.
All incumbents are responsible for following applicable Division & Company policies and procedures.
Scope of Authority - span of control(work unit,site, department, division, etc.), monetary value of budget/spend authority( capital, operating, etc.), P&L responsibility, etc.
All Endo locations. External CMOs and CPOs.
Key Accountabilities - key outcomes/deliverables, the major responsibilities, and% of time
% of Time
Strategy & Procurement
Collaborate within the Strategic Sourcing department to develop, implement, and execute global external manufacturing strategy across the organization.
- Working with the head of function; Develops supplier strategies to maximize the efficiency of outsourced processes, identifying supplier qualification requirements, and negotiating agreements, building and fostering productive third party relationships.
- Develops and implements a procurement and materials management strategy for third party manufactured products (drug product, packaging, and kitting).
- Integrates and communicates Companywide with functional responsibilities and objectives to achieve maximum benefits while standardizing processes and eliminating redundancies and duplication of efforts to ensure that supply chain initiatives have cross-functional linkage.
- Develops and implements supply chain optimization systems and risk mitigation processes, including supply chain analysis and Materials Management, to minimize backorder risk.
- Maintains supportive cross functional relationships with Manufacturing, Business Development, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality Organizations to facilitate development and implementation of Corporate-wide Supply Chain Strategy.
- Initiates supplier discovery and develops productive strategic alliances and partnerships with leading edge suppliers to maximize buying leverage.
- Develops supplier management tools/metrics with responsibility for assuring compliance to required supplier performance targets.
- Develops new and second source opportunities and has responsibility to identify and implement overall cost reduction for the business.
- Successfully realizes direct materials cost savings through increased buying power, negotiation, internal tech transfer, and other means.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and implements best practices/benchmarking in the following areas: Production Forecasting/Planning and Control, Logistics, Sourcing, Quality, Inventory Management, and Electronic Commerce.
- Implements creative solutions for the procurement of raw materials, supplies and equipment.
- Addresses ongoing supply chain issues, and develops and implements integrated solutions through enterprise planning.
- Oversees management of inventory and logistics management policies and procedures to streamline operations and maximize efficiencies.
- Works closely with Quality group to ensure that procurement/sourcing, replenishment purchasing, and manufacturing decisions are in line with corporate quality objectives.
Education & Experience
Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience and certifications required for the job
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years’ experience in Supply Chain strategy, materials management, strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Significant ERP experience (JDE preferred).
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech or related industry experience required.
- MBA is required, MS in Operations, Industrial Engineering, Finance/Accounting or related discipline preferred.
- Management experience supervising multi-functional exempt/non-exempt teams.
- APICS certification a plus.
Proficiency in a body of information required for the job
e.g. knowledge of FDA regulations, GMP/GLP/GCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of sales, forecasting, planning, buying and distribution.
- Deep understanding of the product development process in an FDA regulated industry.
- Detailed knowledge of procurement, strategic sourcing and contracting.
Often referred to as “competencies”, leadership attributes, skills, abilities or behaviors that may be enterprise, functional or job specific e.g. coaching, negotiation, calibration, technical writingetc.
- Proven track record in influencing organizational change at strategic and tactical levels.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage complex contractual agreements and third party relationships.
- Proven track-record of identifying win-win contract negotiation solutions with pharmaceutical companies, CMOs, or CPOs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze market and overall competition.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to make timely decisions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage others in planning, decision-making, and process improvement.
- Ability to research, collect and analyze complex or diverse information; develops strategies and objectives for the organization.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to design work flows and procedures and complete all projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate change effectively and think strategically. Able to identify external threats and opportunities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and react well under pressure.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Physical & mental requirements e.g. lift 40 pounds, walk across plant/warehouse, business travel (% of time), driving as part of work responsibilities, etc.
- Travel to suppliers and between sites is required.