Director of Learning Deployment
What will you do
You will be to act as the Director of Learning Deployment, for the fast paced Johnson Controls including our enterprise leadership development regional programs, core skills development and our Building Technology Solutions Learning product portfolio. We are in the process of seeking out a leader that will guide program leads in leadership, sales and operations, technical instructors, learning managers and support staff in various locations across the EMEALA.
You will have a passion for learning and all things technical, and will be able to take that passion to help set the deployment strategy of our learning organization in region. You will also closely partner with other members of the learning team globally. Your team will touch employees, distributors and customers. This position will require you to also come to the table prepared to lead and partner with the design and development team to define the best learning approaches, bringing problem-solving and hard work to everything you do.
How you will do it
- Positively impact customer loyalty and satisfaction by helping our regional learning team deliver world class sales and technical learning
- Impact employees, distributors and customers in the region by creating stimulating ways to help them improve their performance at work
- Investigate new opportunities and participate in the development of effective training that is impactful and inventive
- Align your ingenuity and innovative ideas with the global strategic plan of the business.
- Learn on a day to day basis about how our equipment and strategies work to conserve energy and protect our environment
- Source, hire, guide and manage learning managers, technical instructors, program leads, learning coordinators, and other positions as needed
- Work closely with the Design and Development Leader to ensure that materials delivered are targeted and instructionally sound for diverse learning audience(s)
- Ensure the delivery of professional instructor-led and virtual/online training programs and learning solutions that meet the identified learning objectives
- Manage and develop key stakeholder relationships with critical internal clients to increase support and engagement with learning in alignment with leadersrsquo; business priorities
- Help set learning priorities across a diverse and ever changing landscape
- Partner with other leaders globally to share best practices, collaborate, and drive consistency across the organization
- Develop subject matter expertise in new technology, products, or processes and serve as a subject matter expert in the development of learning materials for these new areas using defined processes
- Manage training budgets and allocations; prepare budgetary recommendations that meet organization goals and provide for effective management of resources
- Drive consistency from project to project, and across product learning, so that we achieve a more holistic approach
- Drive achievement of revenue goals from customer training and third party channel partner delivery goals
- Communicate and manage learning timelines, deliverables, dependencies, and risks across a spectrum of learning professionals and stakeholders
- Keep current and continue education in training techniques, performance improvement, knowledge management, instructional design, adult learning principles, and organizational development
- Use strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of managers, instructors, SMEs and internal clients
- Ensure lessons learned and best practices from previous learning initiatives and deployments are captured and implemented into cross functional projects.
- Help implement metrics and evaluation protocols for learning deliverables in region.
- Understand technology and current curriculum in order to participate in the effective design of learning and performance support tools
- Fostering a growth mind set and supporting the career growth and development of all learning team members
- Travel across the region (post covid-19) to meet with program leads, instructors, learning managers, stakeholders, etc.
What we look for
- An accomplished leader with recent people leadership experience
- Proven track record delivering Learning and Talent Development programmes and initiatives
- A vision and passion for learning, and can execute that in the real world.
- Experience collaborating with instructors, IDs, learning professionals, product managers, vendors, program managers and stakeholders
- Your writing and communication skills must be strong in order to clearly articulate processes and requirements
- Excellent influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability able to influence at a senior level
- Realizes the importance of details in leading to impactful outcomes
- Willing to assume authority, take risks, and set clear goals for career development
- Has personal ethics, does quality work and has a positive attitude
- Holds a Bachelorrsquo;s Degree in Educational Technology, Education, Instructional Design a Masterrsquo;s Degree would be preferred
- Previous experience supporting teams who deploy sales learning
- Experience working in multinational organisation
- Conversation level of Spanish
- Knowledge and understanding of our products or related industries
Job Human Resources
Primary Location IE-Ireland-Cork