Electrical Sales Estimator
Osborne are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Estimator for our client based in Drogheda. The Electrical Estimator’s responsibilities include determining how long each contracting job will last, researching market prices for project materials and equipment, and communicating with clients to determine the scope of each project. You should also be able to identify ways to continually improve cost-estimating procedures to reduce inconsistencies between estimated and actual project costs.
To be successful as an Electrical Estimator, you should be detail-oriented and have sound knowledge of electrical codes. Ultimately, an exceptional Electrical Estimator should be adept at reading technical plans, and demonstrate outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Reviewing tender documents.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Prepare project quotations
- Ensure project quotations are prepared to an agreed standard and format
- Prepare and submit professional quotations within an agreed timescale, always ensuring quality and accuracy is maintained
- Document and record all enquiries ensuring a project pipeline is maintained and up to date
- Contact with Customers, converting quotations to sales
- Liaising with clients, Consultants, Designers and Supply Chain as and when required
- Share leads with team
- Use sales and CRM systems to evaluate performance and returns whilst tracking ongoing pipeline
- Managing all stages of the tendering process from receipt of enquiry through to the return of the completed tender
- Take off from drawings/specifications to produce a Bill of Materials
- Assisting with Planning & Programming
- Weekly reports to Management outlining status of estimated projects and proposed projects to be tendered
- Liaise with and assist the Management Team by providing regular feedback on products and pricing
- Regularly review pricing and margins achieved
- Cost Monitoring and Reporting
- Identify margin opportunities
- Maintain technical knowledge
- Adhere to all health & safety procedures
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management
Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years recent relevant experience
- Have experience in relation to interpretation of initial enquiries, specification standards, value engineering of quotes, alternatives selection and relationship building with Contractors and Clients.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to demonstrate that he/she is customer focused and results/target driven
An excellent salary and pension are available to candidates at the right level with suitable experience.
Flexibility will be required within this role
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Anthony or call Osborne in confidence on 041 986 5058
For more information on all of our current jobs visit www.osborne.ie