Job Description SummaryAre you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
We are recruiting an Embedded Software Engineer to work with the design and manufacturing groups to develop robust, sustainable products that meet customer expectations and are cost effective to manufacture. The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for providing software design, implementation, and testing of embedded software for medical devices to safely deliver fluids and medications to patients.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will:
· Perform software design based on input from clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
· Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
· Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software
· Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, quality assurance and support departments in validating a new implementation
· Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software
· Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development procedures
· Document and repair errors related to fielded software issues
· Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, with a minimum of level 8 in Computer Science, engineering or related discipline. You will possess strong skills in C/C++ and software design for the embedded multi-threading and multi-processor applications with memory and timing constraints. You will have the ability to analyse software written in Assembly language and have experience in device driver development on microcontrollers. It is an advantage if you are familiar with Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and implementation, Agile / Scrum methodologies and have knowledge of software life cycle processes including IEC 62304.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about Engineering and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/