2020 is an exciting time to join MathWorks as we establish, develop and grow our Shared Sales & Services centre in Galway, Ireland.
MathWorks has established an EMEA Customer Success team dedicated to helping our academic customers experience the full value of MATLAB and Simulink.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative person to join our team to further help our customers efficiently implement campus-wide access of our products in the British and Irish market.
As a Customer Success Specialist, you will work directly with a portfolio of the World’s leading academic universities to onboard, train, and be part of an account team that proactively drives adoption of our software. This ensures customers experience a partnership that includes excellent service and directly results in renewal of their campus-wide license each year.
- Own and manage assigned tasks within the customer onboarding process from customer commitment stage through to supporting the annual renewal effort. Serve as a central point of contact for university stakeholders engaged in meeting the needs of current and prospective MATLAB user communities throughout the university.
- Ensure the customers transition to the Campus-Wide Licence is seamless. Work closely with our Educational Sales team in supporting the pre-sale process when needed. Proactively resolve issues to ensure stakeholders and key users have a hassle-free experience; if required, manage all additional issues until resolved. Motivate customers to act autonomously to ensure a successful, ongoing deployment of their Campus-Wide license.
- Engage customers in developing and executing collaborative implementation plans that ensure onboarding, training and awareness building activities for their campus are successfully executed.
- Serve as a central point of contact for University stakeholders engaged in meeting the needs of current and prospective MATLAB user communities throughout the University. Build trusted, consultative relationships with customers through scheduled outbound interactions. Maintain proactive, regular contact with customer accounts to maximise their success throughout the annual customer lifecycle.
- Work closely and collaborate with the wider account team to:
- escalate customer issues to Sales or Installation Support if required
- Conduct regular Business Reviews with customers to ensure Campus-Wide access is helping them meet their business goals.
- integrate awareness activities with the deeper technical engagement activities driven by the wider Account Team including Sales/Account Manager, Customer Success Engineers (CSEs) and Field Marketing.
- Identify and nurture relationships with customer advocates in concert with customer reference program.
- Together with the wider Customer Success team, integrate customer feedback through regular interaction, customer satisfaction surveys and feedback from customer-facing colleagues to evolve and continuously improve onboarding materials, tools and processes.
- Discover and analyse gaps in the customer experience that may lead to customer attrition. Work cross-functionally with others to address such gaps. Collaborate with the team to build and evolve ROI reporting tools that support the renewal process.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience is required.
- Native-level English speaker, proficiency (C1+) in a second European language is highly advantageous.
- Customer-focused with excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking, negotiation and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with a self-starting ability and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to deduce required activities based upon proactive analysis of customer metrics.
- Demonstrated ability of customer issue ownership and relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and direct customer activities.
- Effective problem solving, collaboration and influencing skills.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a customer success or equivalent customer facing role.
- Experience in a technical or software environment.
- Experience in program and project management skills including project analysis, risk management, course correction, and process improvement are also critical to the role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in highly collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Experience working with staff at multiple levels, including senior management; international experience is a plus.
- Social media savvy, awareness of social media strategy, usage, content and channels deployed by third-level institutes.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.