Vision, leadership and accountability, key attributes of the leader we are looking for to be a part the implementation of our systems and strategies to ensure development and growth in the Process Engineering Group. The Engineering manager will be tasked with ensuring a safe work environment, maximizing profitable growth, driving quality improvements, developing people, reducing operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvement at every possible opportunity.
Within the Engineering Team at Merit you will be a part of a dynamic and developing team who are working on projects and systems for multiple leading medical device products that have been acquired and developed out of our own R&D centre of excellence here in Galway. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. As the Engineering Manager you will lead a team of qualified, experienced, and energetic engineers and technicians of all levels to develop a world class Engineering Department.
Day to day:
* Create clarity and direction for roles and responsibilities for process engineering and technical support levels, ensuring structural alignment to the expectations and demands of the business
* Manage a team of manufacturing engineers and technicians in performing their respective responsibilities.
* Provide the leadership and drive to the successful roll out for all programs, incorporating good industrial engineering techniques for Target Deliverance of scrap and consumable cost reduction, increase in equipment availability and Problem Solving.
* Determine and drive improvement targets, meet and present the engineering metrics for all relevant performance goals.
* Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement with close supervision of, and/or direct involvement in programs to develop & improve existing production / quality / performance.
* Determines appropriate staff levels for your team, participate in setting budgets, including wage increases and in job evaluation reviews.
* Engage with other stakeholders internally and establish service level agreements and set expectation and guidelines for the development of the group.
* Demonstrates and models through his / her management style and behaviour respect for our core values and a commitment to teamwork.
* Perform other related managerial tasks.
* Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree in relevant technical discipline.
* Work related experience of at least six years of which at least f years' experience is in the medical device manufacturing industry in a similar role, coupled with a proven track record in a leadership role.
* Lean six sigma knowledge (preferably to Green Belt certification or higher). Experience of applying Lean tools / techniques to improve business processes & performance.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
* Fulltime Permanent contract
* Attractive Salary package
* Defined Contribution Pension Plan
* Health Insurance Cover
* Life assurance
Health & Wellbeing Events Calendar
Excellent career progression opportunities
Internal training courses
Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service
Active Sports and Social Club
We are Global
Merit Medical Galway commenced with 22 employees in 1993. Since then Merit has enjoyed year on year revenue growth and developed its workforce to over 900 employees. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Merit maintains a diverse, multi-campus manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia with a global distribution.
Medtech Company of the Year Winner
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry
At Merit Medical Galway almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! We focus on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment make Merit Medical a friendly, enjoyable place to work. We are proud of our energetic and dynamic culture. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : Merit Medical