itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our Client, a global leader in the development of Virtual and Augmented Reality software and platforms, in the hiring of a Senior Environment Artist to assume a leadership position in their team developing the latest in Virtual Reality environments for the education sector. You will be responsible for designing environments for multiple platforms, such as Oculus Rift, GearVR, Playstation and HTC Vive.
You will be a highly experience Designer, with a strong track record and portfolio of designing and building game environments, including props, objects and landscapes. You will be responsible for the end-to-end production of the game environments, from production of assets for key scenes, to normal mapped textures as well as designing and creating 3D props, objects and modular assets and creating and maintaining texture libraries. You will have drive, creativity, passion and flair for developing truly immersive and realistic virtual environments. You will work closely with Art and Design teams, Designers, UI/UX teams and Developers in producing industry leading games and platforms.
Experience and Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years working as an EA in game development
- Strong experience developing in Unity and other game frameworks
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating extensive and high end experience designing and developing Environment Art, production of textures (e.g. foliage etc.), modular objects and photo realistic texture creation (including diffuse, specular and bump maps)
- Strong background in ‘traditional’ Art and design
- Expert in the use of 3D modelling packages (Maya, 3D Studio Max)) and Adobe Photoshop
This position will be available for remote working during the COVID-19 restrictions, however you will need to be in a position to be based in Waterford, Ireland once the global situation allows.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.