Title: Executive Assistant – Corporate Marketing and Communications
Grade: Level B
Division/Departments: Corporate Marketing and Communications
Reporting to: Department Manager/Team Leader
Location: East Point, Dublin
Job Reference: EI.155.19E
Enterprise Ireland is seeking to recruit a Corporate Marketing and Communications Executive Assistant to provide secretarial/administration support services to the Corporate Marketing and Communications Department in Enterprise Ireland.
Enterprise Ireland is the Government organisation responsible for the development and growth of Irish enterprises in world markets. Enterprise Ireland works in partnership with Irish enterprises to help them start, grow, innovate and win export sales on global markets. In this way, the organisation supports sustainable economic growth, regional development and secure employment. A key priority is the achievement of export sales growth and jobs from Irish-owned companies. The organisation’s range of services is extensive and includes:
- Funding supports - a range of supports, for start-ups, expansion plans, and Research & Development (R&D) business plans.
- Export assistance - including the provision of in-market services, local market information and the facilities of our international office network.
- Supports to develop competitiveness - helping companies to become leaner to make them more competitive in international markets.
- Incentives to stimulate in-company R&D – new product, service and process development to ensure sustainability, and growth through the evolution of products and services. Assistance with R&D collaboration - with research institutions, to develop and bring to market new technologies, products or processes.
- Connections and introductions to customers overseas - we provide access to a global network of contacts - from heads of government to end customers. www.enterprise-ireland.com
The Corporate Marketing and Communications Executive Assistant will support the Department to deliver on their strategic objectives by providing a comprehensive secretarial and administrative support service, ensuring that administrative tasks are handled efficiently and effectively. The successful candidate will work closely with management and team members and will be responsible for delivering a range of diverse secretarial and administration activities across a range of corporate marketing and communications services including media relations, social media, digital and corporate marketing.
This role offers an excellent entry opportunity for individuals interested in pursuing a career in public relations and/or marketing. The duties aligned to the role incorporate the following:
- Provide a secretarial service to the Department Manager including scheduling and managing diary and appointments; typing and filing; telephone answering; organising one-to-one/team meetings.
- Provide a day-to-day administration support service to managers and colleagues within the assigned Department as follows:
- Provide general administration services to the team including preparing letters/emails,
- Support the set-up and maintenance of the Departments’ files and records.
- Engage and communicate with a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and update databases and spreadsheets to include collating, entering, processing and verifying a range of data and information.
- Prepare and produce data/information reports at regular intervals.
- Support content development for online and print publications and material as required.
- Record team sick leave on EI’s E-HR Time and Attendance System.
- Budgets administration for the Department incl Oracle purchase requisitions and reporting.
- Provide administrative support for key media and public relations, social media, digital marketing and corporate marketing projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Plan and organise meetings, events and initiatives.
- Handle general telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries.
- Organise and coordinate travel, accommodation and catering arrangements as required.
- Source rooms/venues and arrange associated logistics, IT and Facilities requirements.
- On the day registration-desk activities, support and follow-on post-event activities
- Support the preparation, implementation and delivery of a range of procurement processes for a range of Corporate Marketing and Communications supports and services as follows:
- Monitor and maintain specific mailboxes on a regular basis and respond to queries.
- Coordinate, assemble and organise delivery of related documentation.
- Input and record relevant data and information into a range of IT systems to support the management and delivery of these procurement processes.
- Provide secretariat support including organising logistics, scheduling and minute-taking.
- Provide administration support for review processes.
- Engage and interact with a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Play an active role as a key contributor to the team.
Functional Competencies (Key Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent secretarial, administration and organisational skills are essential.
- Demonstrated evidence of robust computer literacy and typing/keyboard skills (i.e. MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) is essential, coupled with an ability to learn new technologies and use EI’s specific software systems.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and manage work efficiently to strict deadlines.
· Excellent accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to process data efficiently.
- An interest in pursuing a career in corporate marketing and communications and developing skills across a range of functions within the area is desirable e.g. having studied or currently studying for a qualification in a communications or marketing related discipline.
- Experience of implementing business processes and operating business systems is desirable i.e. use of business information systems and reporting tools.
- Broad understanding of EI’s role, structures and services and an interest in the development and growth of EI’s client companies is desirable.
- Strong oral and writing English communication skills with an ability to engage and interact effectively with client companies and other stakeholders in a busy business environment.
- Sound judgement, professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Willingness to take on other key projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to positively contribute to the work of a busy team.
Enterprise Ireland Behavioural Competencies Results Focused
The ability to remain outcome and results focused with regard to business priorities and organisational goals, monitoring progress and adjusting approach ensuring delivery against the appropriate timescales.
Innovation and Risk-Taking
Actively encourages new ideas, experimentation and measured risk-taking, while always being on the lookout for opportunities to continuously improve business processes and efficiencies within Enterprise Ireland and client organisations.
Problem Solving and Decision-Making
The ability to be decisive and take tough decisions about clients, people and costs to deliver sustainable results, using the analysis of information and situations to make logical and sound decisions.
The ability to provide an excellent client service focusing on client needs and building and maintaining effective personal and business relationships to advance clients’ objectives and Enterprise Ireland strategy.
Communicating with Impact to Influence Others
Communicates in a manner that will persuade, convince and influence their own staff and others, both internally and externally, in order to motivate, inspire or encourage them to follow a particular course of action.
Co-operates with colleagues, shares information and respects the opinions and values of staff members. Understands the skills, experience and knowledge of staff members and maximises how these can be utilised to the benefit of the department, the organisation and the client.
Embracing & Leading Change
Understands the business agenda of Enterprise Ireland and embraces changes for area of responsibility and for external and internal clients.
Acting / Leading with Integrity
Lives the Enterprise Ireland purpose and values, acting genuinely and with integrity, in a manner that builds trust and engages and motivates others, placing the genuine needs of the client, the organisation, and staff ahead of personal agendas.
Establishes and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues and other networks for the purpose of sharing information.
Developing Yourself & Others
Creates an environment that enables others to excel in terms of job performance.
€20,913 to €37,125* per annum contributory superannuation
Rising to €39,515 by long service increments
€19,940 to €35,359* per annum non-contributory superannuation
Rising to €37,629 by long service increments
*(Effective January 1st 2020)
Candidates should note that entry will be at the minimum of the relevant scale and the rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy. Subject to satisfactory performance, increments may be payable in line with current Government Policy.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should submit their CV to HRConnect@enterprise-ireland.comquoting reference
If applying as an external applicant, please send your updated CV for review to Maisie.firstname.lastname@example.org Osborne Recruitment quoting reference number EI.155.19E.
Closing date: Friday 3rd January 2020
ISSUED BY HR DEPARTMENT, ENTERPRISE IRELAND ON MONDAY 16TH DECEMBER MAY 2019
Enterprise Ireland is an equal opportunities employer