Looking for an Extrusion Technician for a leading Medical Device company based in Galway. There are roles available on days, evenings, nights and weekend shifts.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting the extrusion core polymer processes.
- Take a lead role in the troubleshooting.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key extrusion maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on extrusion equipment.
- Execution of extrusion tooling changeover’s and equipment setup’s as part of production runs.
- Integral part of the manufacturing team that saves commercial product on a daily basis.
- Participate in problem solving & process improvement.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Min HETAC level 6 in a relevant technical discipline.
- Diploma level in Polymer Engineering or equivalent would be desirable
- Strong knowledge of Extrusion equipment and processes.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Medical Device industry experience a distinct advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
If you are interested in this Extrusion Technician role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.