The Facility Engineer will plan, design, and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities within Cook Ireland. Working in both offices, manufacturing areas, outside areas and plant rooms, depending on the nature of the projects; they will work to increase the reliability of utility equipment in support of manufacturing requirements for dependability, quality, safety, environmental and cost.
Working within the Facilities Group and as part of the site operations team, the Facilities Engineer will focus on identifying equipment upgrades, maintenance plans and asset replacement. This role will also encompass responsibility for implementing the asset care plan for all facility equipment as well as having responsibility for contract cleaning, site security, facility grounds and building maintenance, facilities maintenance, service requests and projects overview.
Reporting to: Facilities/Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Find out more about Cook Medical here
- Keep spaces, structures and infrastructure in proper operating condition in a routine, scheduled, or anticipated fashion to prevent failure and/or degradation.
- Keep up to date with current and new technologies available for optimum reliability results including analytical methodologies, predictive technologies, and best practices for equipment design, installation, operation, and servicing.
- Establish & maintain a series of Maintenance metrics to drive improved equipment reliability.
- Ensure the Maintenance process is adhered to, report issues to production.
- Improve the reliability of the installed equipment by improving maintenance procedures.
- Develop an asset strategy for the lifetime of Cook Medical assets. This includes creating and updating the asset register and determining the useful life of the asset.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct application of predictive maintenance technologies across the site. This includes proper equipment coverage, assisting with interpretation of data, and assisting the Snr Facilities Engineer with planning corrective actions when needed.
- Implement new technologies to digitalise the facility environment.
- Design, implement and validate production spaces to ISO Cleanroom standards.
- Determine equipment criticality based on business requirements around quality, health and safety.
- Help determine spare parts identification and stocking strategy.
- Maintain and review Preventive Maintenance Plans and Procedures for facilities maintenance.
- Ensure Quality compliance for all in house and contract maintenance activities.
- Develop and Implement Continuous Improvement activities to support Lean initiatives, cost reduction, and maintenance excellence.
- Assist with the Identification and Implementation of training requirements.
- Ensure contract cleaning & pest control are completed on time and all follow up actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Management of site security, CCTV and access control systems.
- Department representative for Health and Safety.
- Ensure that Cook’s Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on Cook’s behalf.
- Formal Engineering qualification and/or relevant facility engineering management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong knowledge of medical device quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP or similar regulated industry standards.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft® Office.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High self-motivation.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business as required.