Finance Director - EMEA (Shared Services)
Osborne Executive are proud to partner with a global solutions firm to appoint a Finance Director for one of their European offices. Based in Ireland, you will work closely with the Senior Finance Management based in the US while also engaging with key operational leaders within Europe, including the European Managing Director. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Finance leader who has experience of running a shared service function or leading an operational finance team.
In this role you will take full responsibility for the company’s European legal entities. As Finance Director you will be a competent business partner and hands on leader with a strong, wide ranging skill set. Your experience will showcase a career of ten years or more of increasingly accountable financial management, demonstrating experience in a global shared services environment. You will be particularly strong with Financial Controls, supporting all VAT, Tax and compliance matters.
Key responsibilities include traditional transaction processing, monthly close process, financial reporting, treasury, and compliance matters.
- Qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA, minimum 10 years PQE with experience operating in a finance leadership position in a global shared services environment
- Prior experience in the Business Services Sector highly desirable
- Familiarity with international laws and country-specific compliance knowledge desirable
- Strong technical accounting skills (US GAAP / statutory accounting)
- Commercial and strategic mindset, evidence of strong financial analytical skills
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and stakeholder management skills suited to senior level representation.
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills, supporting individual team members, adopting a hands-on approach when necessary
- Mature judgement, professional credibility, and strong business insight.
- Flexibility- this role will require you to be available outside of regular working hours for calls with US based teams.
Please express your interest in the role by applying for this position and one of our Senior Consultants will be in contact with you directly. For a more comprehensive position guide please contact Hannah Moore in confidence at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set - please attach your CV via the link provided