A growing organisation in Cork with 15% year on year growth with a turnover of €9 mill are seeking a Commercial Financial Controller. This organisation operate both domestically and internally and require a strategic and commercial leader who will also have a hands on role with the accounting function. With 4 direct reports, this is fast paced, and dynamic organisation and the Commercial Financial Controller will sit at the senior management team and hold key influence in business and operational decisions. The successful appointee will also be in line for the role of Financial Director within a 24-month period.
- In conjunction with the CEO and Director of Operations, develop and implement business plans. You will be a key figure in the delivery of these plans.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the Finance and Accounting functions of the organisation.
- Compile annual returns, monthly management accounts, external reporting, tax compliance to domestic and international authorities, and managing the audit process.
- Maintenance and management of company asset base including fixed assets, Cash management / company treasury, stock control, debtors, etc.
- Management of an accounting team of 4 experienced employees (AP, AR, Credit Control), you will coach and guide their personal and career development.
- Drive process improvement and efficiencies across all aspects of the business including RFQ's and costings
- Ensure budgets with each project and adhered to, identify variances and provide solutions.
- Prepare complex reports that are effective in presentation and decision making.
- Minimum 5 years post accounting qualification (CIMA,ACCA, ACA) experience
- Commercial mindset and desire to influence the commercial and operational business
- Previous experience at managing an entire finance function is essential
- Ideally come from a fast paced SME Engineering, Oil & Gas, Project Management or Construction sector
- Has demonstrative experience in shaping and driving a business strategy
- Works collaboratively with team and others.
- Is highly analytical, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy within tight time-lines.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Is ambitious for self and the company.
This is a role that can fast track your career to Financial Director within 2 years. There is also an excellent package for the successful appointee.
To discover more, contact Ashling Edwards in HRM on +353214358748 in strict confidence on +353214358748
- Employee Events
- Free Food and Coffee
- Gym Memberships
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Transportation Allowance
€70,000.00 - €80,000.00 per year