Financial Accountant (Cork)
Our client is a leading US Multinational with their Global Accounting Centre located in Cork. They are a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. With thousands of employees supporting more than 8,000 customers in over 100 countries, the company applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. They are currently looking to appoint a suitably qualified accountant to join their European Financial Reporting team. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the financial monthly reporting of a particular entity within the regional business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting into the Accounting Manager, the R2R Accountant will have responsibility for journal entries, general ledger, monitoring accounts receivable and accounts payable, revenue reconciliation.
- Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations. Balances books and prepares profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements.
- Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy.
- May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions.
- Reconcile financial documents and ledgers. Reviews for accuracy of all entries.
- Participation in annual budget process.
- Analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant with a minimum of 1 to 3 year's previous experience in financial reporting environment of a multinational organisation. An excellent base salary, pension and health package will accompany the base salary.
To apply for this vacancy please forward your latest CV via the portal provided or alternatively contact Tom Wilkinson in confidence on 021 4221000.