Based in the heart of Dublin's Silicon Docks (Dublin 2), our client has been at the forefront in changing the internet and online technologies as we know it.
They require a Flight Engineer with experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting and 4+ years' experience in related field to join them, initially on a 11-month contract.
Job Reference: BBBH 17068
What will a Flight Engineer do?
- Make tactical decisions affecting airborne activities including testing new hardware, launches and landings
- Assist integration and operation of airborne tests and non-standard or new systems
- Coordinate with and provide timely information to Air Traffic Control Agencies and Aviation Authorities around the world for the operation of High-Altitude Balloons
- Conduct fleet safety & efficiency analysis, and define overall fleet plan making necessary trade-offs to accommodate the needs of key project stakeholders (e.g. engineering, regulations, field operations, reliability, etc.)
- Design and improve processes, automation and monitoring systems for a safe and scalable operations of large fleets of balloons. Write, test and maintain scripts/software to automate away repetitive operational tasks
- Work off-peak hours on 8-hour shifts including holidays and weekends, supporting 24/7 operations
What does the Ideal Candidate look like?
- Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering degree OR around 4 years of experience in similar/related field
- Basic technical knowledge in Engineering and thorough understanding of Newtonian Physics
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
- Experience with Linux/Unix (or similar) systems
- 25 days paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to all onsite facilities such as free food and beverages, onsite swimming pool and gym
- Tax Saver Travel tickets
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
Still interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040