An excellent opportunity for an experienced Floor Manager has arisen with a westmeath client
You will be expected to take full responsibility for and ownership of, the daily running of both the sales floor and yard to actively drive sales, improve profitability and standards in the business.
you will need to have a natural ability to influence, guide and inspire people to achieve superior commercial results.
The Floor Manager
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of the branch in line with the company's overall policy.
- Communicating regularly with senior management
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control and ordering.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends to facilitate planning.
- Using software and programmes to record sales figures and effectively analyse data.
- Managing staff including, interviewing and hiring new staff, conducting performance reviews, and providing on the job training.
- Processing customer complaints, comments and feedback while working to resolve any issues.
- Maintaining market awareness and performing competitor analysis and introducing new and innovative business processes to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
Skills and Experience Required
- 3-5 yrs. Experience in a similar role
- Strong product/retail knowledge essential
- Additional Knowledge of construction/building materials highly desirable
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong understanding of IT literacy
€0.00 - €35,000.00 per year