The company, an indigenous Irish specialist processor of primary ingredients, is fast growing and requires a General Manager to oversee manufacturing operations. This is a rewarding and challenging role for an ambitious candidate.
Managing all aspect of manufacturing and supply functions, you will work with a focused and dynamic leadership team of which you will be a key member. You will report directly to the CEO.
General Manager Duties:
- Supervise all staff in Operations, Quality, Engineering, Materials procurement.
- Plan, supervise and report on all aspects of further capital expenditure.
- Liaise with statutory agencies, such as KCC, EPA, Dep. of Environment.
- Procure the best raw materials at a competitive price.
- Maximise the production capability of the facility.
- Work with automation to automate most of the processes in order to minimise costs and increase efficiencies.
- Working capital management.
- Assess and manage the company performance versus budget.
- Review all services with outside parties to ensure value for money and compliance with legal requirements. These include but not limited to insurance, rates, utilities and accounts.
- Qualified engineer/chemist/accountant with 5 years’ experience in a senior operational leadership position, preferably from within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong project management skills
- Highly numerate with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong planning, decision-making and project management skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Enjoys implementing change and process improvements in a dynamic work environment.
Interested candidates who feel they have the necessary qualifications and experience to meet the requirement of this career development opportunity should forward a copy of their current CV to Varun Obhan at Brightwater Specialist Recruitment via the link below. Alternatively, you can call Andrew on +353 21 422 1000 for a confidential discussion on this and other opportunities.