We are an Irish-owned community-based, growing pharmacy group with 12 branches spread across Dublin, Meath and Wicklow. We strive to provide every customer with excellent advice, care and support from our dedicated team of trained healthcare professionals through working going the extra mile to exceed their expectations. We provide this through our
experienced dispensary teams who are highly trained and are always on hand to deal with any query regarding our customers' health, medication or even just some general well-being advice.
We are looking for smart and flexible people to join our fast-paced, collaborative working environment built on compassion, trust and respect.
You will be passionate about going the extra mile to ensure an exceptional customer experience for our customers and to contribute towards maintaining a great place to work for our people.
Join us and you will work with highly experienced, professional people who will work alongside you to support you in your learning and development journey with us.
· High levels of Sales, General Service & Standards for customers and branch
· Daily huddles
· Branch Management – You are responsible for the overall day to day operations in line with our policies and procedures.
· Staff Management – You are responsible for the management, supervision and control or the retail staff including ongoing performance and development conversations.
· Drive community initiatives
· Stock Control – You are responsible for the overall ordering, merchandising and selling of stock.
· Sales and promotions (including quarterly sales planning)
· Rostering staff ensuring you have the right staff in place at the right times
· Cash handling
· Administration such as time-sheets, invoices and training logs, holiday requests, sick leave logs, petty cash, end of month and quarter finance reports.
· General housekeeping and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
· Management of housekeeping and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
· Working closely with HR in relation to ongoing staff performance and development conversations, contract renewals, training logs, recruitment, induction and GDPR compliance.
· Recruitment and Induction
· Mentoring of less experienced of staff throughout branch
Skills and Experience
- Strong people management skills
· Excellent customer service
· Positive attitude
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills (staff, community, suppliers)
· Strong organisational and timemanagement skills
· Work on own initiative and make decisions
· Build, motivate and engage a team
· Target-driven and sales-focused
· Pro-active and energetic demonstrated by prior engagement in community initiatives
· Strong administration skills
· Leadership skills – Lead by Example
· Professional and discreet
· Ability to adhere to and drive exceptional store presentation standards
· Empathy and understanding of our customers and each other
- Qualification in Retail or similar experience
- 3 years+ Pharmacy management experience required
- Minimum 3 years management experience required
- Flexibility to work weekends and bank holidays, when required
- Fluency in English
We are an equal opportunities employer. We reserve the right to request an employee to beflexible in his or her duties when the business needs requires it.