Global Supplier Quality & Development Manager: Dublin
Are you a strategic supplier quality manager looking for a new challenge in 2019? This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is both matrix and quality systems driven. The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills and be a strong leader.
The Global Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) Manager is responsible for the processes, metrics, and functional expertise of the Supplier Quality organization. The company purchases more than $8B of direct material. This position oversees the development, deployment, and adherence to all processes, systems, and metrics used to manage SQ&D.
A leader with strong Quality Systems background. A deep knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities is required. The SQ&D Manager will need strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across a heavily matrixed organization to drive change. The SQ&D Manager will also be focused on enhancing SQ&D processes to extend our world class Supplier Quality results to the new products and technologies we purchase from Suppliers.
This role is an integral part of the Global Supply Chain organization based in Dublin, Ireland and reports to the Global Supplier Quality Director.
- Development, deployment, and global execution of Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) Operating System
- Development and integration of risk based workflow for SQ&D processes
- Ownership of Supplier Quality Portal and SQ&D collaborative applications
- Global leader of Supplier Quality Regional Councils
- Ownership, Maintenance and global execution of new Supplier assessments and annual risk based audits.
- Global, Divisional, Regional definition of SQ&D metrics and performance targets
- Monthly reporting of SQ&D metrics and results
- Chair SQ&D Director Leadership meetings with segment leadership
- Ownership of global Supplier Packaging manual and standards
Qualifications and experience:
(R) - required, (D) - desired
- The candidate will have a bachelor's degree in engineering, operations, supply chain, or business. (R)
- An advanced degree is preferred (D)
- The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in Quality Systems (R)
- Fluent in written and spoken English (R)
- Ability to travel both locally and globally (approximately 25% of working time) (R)
- Empowered decision maker/relationship-builder with high integrity (R)
- Strong problem solving skills and expert level knowledge of structured problem solving techniques (R)
- Shainin or Six Sigma Certification (D)
- Oral and written communication plus strong "influencing" skills (R)
- Ability to work in a global organization (D)
- Work with high energy and passion (R)
- Ability to create and promote best in class quality systems (R)
- Strong leadership skills (R)
- Skills to coach and mentor (R)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.