Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Systems Engineer Intern to join our Release to Production Engineering team in Dublin. We are a Hardware Engineering organisation, and our servers and datacenters are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates, and upon which our innovative services are delivered. We support and debug issues on server hardware at tremendous scale, and you will find out about the tooling, automation and monitoring that is needed to maintain a large scale server fleet.
This is a 12 week summer internship opportunity in Dublin, starting June 2021.
1. Interface with hardware, mechanical, power, thermal and software engineers to understand system architecture
2. Create tooling and automation to monitor, maintain and automate the operation of the production fleet
3. Develop and publish tests, performance optimisations and other debugs and investigations, communicating findings to team members
4. Diagnose and root cause hardware and system failures
5. In the process of obtaining a BS or MS (or equivalent) in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering or related field
6. Coding experience with Python, Ruby, C++, Java, and/or PHP
7. Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
8. Trouble shooting and analytical skills
9. Excellent communication skills
10. Experience in hacking, prototyping and/or overclocking
11. Familiar with latest server and CPU architecture and system-level components
Source : Facebook