Head of Sales (Freight/Logistics) required for a well-established company in Dublin North. This key strategic role is to lead from the front and deliver the company’s ambitious sales growth targets across its full portfolio of services. The objective is to both serve existing clients, through excellent customer service on current business and by developing new revenue streams, while also attracting significant additional business from new clients.
In addition to managing and leading the sales function, you will ensure that the business is positioned to maximize sales opportunities to ensure the business achieves its ambitious growth plans.
As well as your own new business targets, you will also manage a team of Business Developers and indirectly manage a four-person Customer Services Team.
As a natural ambassador, you will enjoy working with clients to develop existing and new business and have a proven track record of doing so.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- To recruit, develop, manage and motivate a growing team of sales professionals, who will deliver a high standard of execution across all identified customers in relevant channels.
- Devising sales team KPI’s, driving and coordinating the pace of execution.
- Development and Implementation of Sales Strategy across the sales teams, whilst working closely with the operations and finance functions.
- Establish and monitor performance-reporting systems around customer retention and customer banding and client visits.
- To regularly report achievements versus budget & forecasts to the Senior Management Team.
- Engaging and proposing new sales development propositions.
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Propose and manage continuous training and assessment programmes for the total sales team.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Establish the inbound-lead requirements needed to meet your sales objectives & provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development.
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads through networking.
- Maintain and grow relationships with international partners.
Summary of Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of Logistics/Freight sales experience in the Irish market, with a minimum of 5+ years leading a Business development team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management and strong commercial awareness.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude & ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient IT & Presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively in an ever-changing environment.
- Previous experience of having the responsibility of running a sales unit or region, within a logistics or Freight Forwarding focused business, you will have proven success in achieving revenue and margin growth, with a keen focus on customer retention.
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Excellent communication skills combined with the intellectual capacity to sell the concept in a trustworthy, personable and professional manner.
- Resilience: demonstrating confidence in your own ability along with a positive approach.
- Leadership: willing to take the lead and make difficult decisions around people and new business, while bringing a team along with you.
- Good negotiation skills and ability to understand and implement acceptable levels of margin and financial risk.
- Thriving under pressure you will be capable of managing multiple priorities and working to critical deadlines and new business objectives.
- Hands-on management style and proven experience of managing and motivating a sales team.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
Permanent, Full-time, Mon – Friday
Base salary, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension, Company Car OR Allowance etc…
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Wesley Fitzgibbon on 01 8326330 / Garvan@xsimbus.com
Please note that your application to this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group/