This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Heath & Safety Officer to join a large scale construction project on a highly regulated centre of excellence manufacturing site in Cork.
This is a Contract role for an initial period of 12 months.
About the Job:
- Manage EHS project requirements from a Client construction safety perspective within main construction site (including. review/ approve method statements, issue permits, perform inspections & audits, Client primary point of contact, interface with Contractor Safety Representative).
- Manage all EHS requirements for an interdependent Construction Project within a live manufacturing; this is outside the construction site and in a live manufacturing area so Construction Heath & Safety Officer will manage all method statements, issue permits, interface with all relevant departments.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of the contractor Health & Safety Management System & ensure Client safety requirements are fully addressed
- Manage all site driven permits for Construction eg excavation permits; and Client responsibilities outside main construction boundary.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the Contractor site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Carry out health & safety auditing onsite and address non-conformances as they are identified with contractors.
- Monitor contractor compliance & strict adherence to site rules by all contractors & appropriate followup as required.
- Drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing methods of work.
- Collate EHS metrics and supply same to Client EHS/Project team (hours worked, persons onsite, hours injury free, first aids etc)
- Point of contact for any regulatory site inspections. Ensure construction site is match fit for audit purposes
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Health & Safety Officer working on a large live construction project in Ireland.
- Hold a third level qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Proven experience working on a large construction project on a manufacturing site.
- Have a strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of H&S regulatory requirements and codes of practice.
- Proven experience with all aspects of site safety systems, including ability to identify risk and appropriate control measures.
- Strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety.