Due to continued growth our client is currently looking for an experienced Health & Safety Officer to be based Kildare.
To support the HSE manager on site ensuring it meets all legal requirements relating to health, safety, environmental and quality.
- Assist the HSEQ Department to ensure HSEQ Management System complies with Statutory and Client requirements.
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant/equipment.
- Provide general support and assistance to the Health and Safety Manger.
- Assist in HSEQ audits/Inspections by following up/tracking and reporting on remedial actions.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of PPE.
- Liaise closely with the Construction team to coordinate issues relating to the Site e.g. waste disposal, W@H, fire safety equipment, Site logistics and other compliance testing and audit noncompliance’s
- Ensuring sub-contractor documentation and training has been reviewed prior to commencement and complies with legal and company policies.
- Updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Organise, participate and provide clerical support around HSEQ meetings and forums.
- Control, maintain and coordinate the induction and training register.
- Support the wider management team with investigating accidents, incidents, high potential near misses or other significant events/issues. Ensuring that investigation close out actions plans are completed in the required time frame.
- Giving general H&S advice to the site team as needed
- Periodically review relevant safety signage across the Site
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated.
- Assist in the coordination and management of the HSEQ ‘Theme of the Month’ programme.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Safety Management System, including administration, logging data, creating reports, tracking and pushing progress of the company’s behavioural safety programme.
- Production of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)i.e. Incident, NCR and Near Miss Analysis.
- Provide planning support and communication for the sites Health Control programmes i.e. health surveillance and monitoring.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
For more details call Thomas on 091 455302
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.