A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Foundation Instructor National Learning Network, Sandymount, Dublin.
Permanent 18 hours per week
The Instructor is responsible for the training and development of Learners in accordance with the agreed local training programme specifications, together with the day-to-day running and maintenance of all aspects of the training programmes The Instructor assists Learners with additional support needs in exploring their future career and educational direction and in making realistic vocational choices with a view to progressing to further education/employment.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification, preferably within the Education/Training or Social Sciences sector,
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualification - Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as a minimum
- A number of years relevant occupational experience of working with Learners in educational, guidance and/or developmental contexts
- Experience in QQI certification and accreditation processes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, with responsibility for the instruction of a number of modules for QQI level 4 certification
- Facilitate participants in developing the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to secure progression outcomes
- Collaborate on the development of Individual Action Plans to support each Learner’s progression, evaluate the vocational rehabilitation needs of each Learner and produce a profile of those needs. Source and support work experience placements and instil by example and direct training, proper work attitudes and work behaviours. Provide learners with adequate and constructive feedback about their progress
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of activities of National Learning Network and actively participate in and promote a culture of excellence throughout all national Learning Network activities, services etc
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills together with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills Experience in working on own initiative with a professional and confident approach An ability to motivate learners and to maintain networks with stakeholders and local communities
- Full Driving Licence required
- Defined Benefit pension
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income Protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: 22nd March 2019
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer