My client is a globally recognized pharmaceutical manure with an exciting opportunity for an experienced E&I Engineer to join their Carlow site. As the Instrumentation & Controls Engineer, you will perform an integral role in the development of the drug product facility. In this role, you will take ownership for the site Instrumentation & Control systems on site.
- Provide leadership, cross functional support and technical expertise, maintenance and manage their operation through design, construction, validation, start-up and commercial manufacturing.
- Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with site requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
- Collaborate across functions, supporting, coaching and facilitating project sub-teams. Together, this dynamic group will meet the required project schedule milestones, in accordance with the applicable standards for Quality and EHS compliance.
- Responsible for delivery of schedule milestones throughout project duration.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally to develop and deliver on all aspects of the project through URS, FAT, SAT, IC, OC, IQ, OQ, PPQ and commercialization to meet schedule milestones.
- Driving operational and technical excellence to deliver all components of a stable support utility (I&C) equipment portfolio supporting PPQ, facility start-up and commercial supply, supported by a flexible, collaborative, multi-skilled teamwork environment.
- Assist with the design and operationalisation of a successful IUFT that delivers right-first-time Instrumentation & Controls equipment to achieve production requirements.
- Comply with the current Manufacturing Division, Quality and EHS Management System requirements, as relevant to the project and commercial operations.
- PLC Programming of Siemens S7 300 / 1200 / 1500, Win CC including Profibus and Profinet communications.
- Setting up Drives including Mitsubishi, Siemens and Control Techniques.
- Expected travel – 20%.
- Degree qualified in Engineering or related subject.
- 3 + years of related work experience in a GMP manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Expertise of Instrumentation and control devices including PLC control.
- Expertise in Calibration systems/Programs (Procal).
- Experience of Laboratory Analytical equipment and Utilities Systems are an advantage.
- SME in Instrumentation & Control systems (such as, but not limited to Instrumentation, QBMS/NQBMS, Delta-V, SCADA, APC, DCS, PLCs, Calibration, Energy, etc.).