Bonner are looking to recruit an Instrumentation Technician to work alongside our service team in the Cork and surrounding counties region. This is a Field Based role, and will involve being deployed to work on various client sites which will give the candidate a unique view of various industries and process systems including Diary, Food, Pharma and Manufacturing. The role will primarily involve instrument calibration & maintenance, planning and fault-finding of client instrumentation and systems.
Reporting directly to our Service Manager, you will work alongside experienced Qualified Instrumentation technicians to deliver our expert system to our clients.
Current roles available are suitable for candidates based in CORK & Surrounding Counties
Base: Starting from Home with Bonner Cork Office as hub
- Perform Analysis, Calibrations, troubleshooting, installation and repair or of client Instrumentation including completing all documentation such as calibration certificates, work orders, preventative maintenance and Procedures.
- Equipment worked on will include but not are not limited to standard measurement parameters such as Temperature, Humidity, Flow, Pressure, Weighing, etc
- Assist automation and control team with site based automation projects
- All calibration and service work will be completed to the satisfaction of the client.
- Use your own initiative to correct any errors or faults with the instrument being calibrated and suggesting any ideas to the customer to resolve any issues
- Perform all calibrations and reports electronically using computerised calibration management system
- Complete all safety requirements to perform job safely including risk assessment and relevant training.
- Our customer base includes Food & Dairy, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Manufacturing
We are looking to identify candidates with strong communication, technical and organisational skills in order to carry out the job requirements. The suitable candidate will have the following skills:
- Experience with Calibration and Maintenance of Instruments and Systems
- Experience of working with a CMS would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding or working knowledge of ISO17025 or ISO9001 including documented procedures and have experience working in regulated environments
- IT skills necessary
- Organised and a strong attention to detail
- Honesty and Integrity is an essential
Education & Experience
- Time-Served Apprenticeship in relevant area (Instrumentation or Electrical & Instrumentation) or equivalent
- Degree/Diploma level course such as Applied Physics and Instrumentation with existing site experience
- Other Engineering Related Degree with relevant Experience
- Full clean driving licence
- Candidates suitable for this Instrumentation role may have worked previously as:
- Instrument Engineer
- Calibration Technician
- Instrumentation & Calibration Technician
- Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
- Shift Calibration Technician
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Contributions
- Sickness Benefits
- Lunch Allowance
- Van with Private Use
- Mobile Phone with unlimited data
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Training & Education Assistance
Commission Available, Company Van, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Pension, Death in Service, PHI, Education