Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Food Testing Ireland is an analytical testing facility to help make food safe for consumption. We are currently looking foran Interim Quality Manager on a fixed term contract for a12month,why don't you consider joining our dynamic team in Cork, where we consider our employees the most important part of our business.Job Description
Key role acting as Interim Quality Manager for the Cork site. Responsible for managing and developing the quality system and ensuring compliance with INAB, ISO 17025, regulatory and Eurofins quality systems across all aspects of laboratory activities.
To provide leadership, training, supervision and support to laboratory departments in achieving effective implementation of Quality System requirements. To proactively assist management with technical and operational development to ensure both business objectives and customer requirements are consistently delivered.
Main Quality responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management, development and maintenance of the Quality Management System including Quality Manual and all related and supporting documents ensuring a compliant and fit for purpose system is in operation across all areas
- Lead role in developing company policies to meet accreditation, Eurofins and customer requirements
- Ensure accreditation is maintained and act as liaison with regulatory bodies including INAB
- Develop and nurture a strong quality ethos across all areas of the business ensuring a right first time approach
- Manage requests and communication regarding external and customer audits
- Managing the internal audit schedule including test method witness audits. Undertaking internal audits and proactively coordinating completion of any corrective and preventive actions including undertaking technical investigations and root cause analysis in the event of any failure
- Managing the Document Control system, ensuring procedures are regularly reviewed & aligned across departments
- Manage Non-Conforming Work Log and ensure actions are implemented to schedule and effective in ensuring non recurrence of issues
- Supporting the individual departments with preparation of validation protocols, statistical analysis, validation reports, procedures and other documentation as well as co-ordination of submissions for Extension to Scope
- Coordinating the Equipment Calibration schedules liaising with the individual departments and external suppliers. Assist with performance of internal calibration checks
- Co-ordinating participation in External Proficiency schemes, to ensure that the scope of accreditation is effectively covered across all testing disciplines
- Proactively monitoring and reviewing overall performance of both internal quality control systems and External PT scheme across the departments and along with senior staff, initiate and support investigations into failures, trend and bias to establish root cause and the implementation of effective corrective and preventive actions
- Maintain reference documents, legislation and reference methods as applicable to accredited activities
- Co-ordinate and prepare submissions for monthly Quality Meetings and Annual Management Review, ensuring that detailed reports, minutes and action plans are documented and effectively managed and progressed
- Supporting training of personnel in Quality System and Technical Procedures, including induction training for new employees
- Assist with subcontractor and supplier management
Main Technical responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support to customers to assist with definition of testing requirements to meet their industry and legal obligations
- Collate all relevant technical and service requirements from customers in relation to such projects and effectively communicate this information to all relevant parties
- Assist with project management and proactively track progress of multiple jobs and projects both internally and with partner subcontractor laboratories
- Work closely with all laboratory departments on customer projects/non routine samples to ensure on time delivery
- Develop strong working relationships will key account customers and assist with account management activities including business development
- Co-ordinate subcontracted testing to ensure on time delivery of customer technical requirements
- Provide technical, project management and reporting support for retailer projects
Other General responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high level of customer service and maintain working knowledge of relevant legislation, industry standards and trends
- Exercise a sound commercial and financial awareness to help reduce expenditure and maintain costs within the required budget requirements
- Acting as an Authorised Signatory for Test Certificates where required, report all results in a format required by the customer, providing relevant technical support as appropriate.
- Have an active role is developing the capability and range of testing provided by the Laboratory to support profitable growth
- Uphold client confidence in the accuracy and response times of testing
- Supporting the laboratory with performance efficiencies to deliver continuous improvement in various operational and customer KPIs including - on time delivery, customer service, quality and health and safety
- Work with the Cork management team to develop and exceed key performance indicators, deliver budget and growth strategy for the site
- Daily monitoring of overdue samples, ensuring any issues identified are promptly investigated and actioned
- Work with senior management and staff to ensure that the best interests of the company and continual improvement of the quality systems are achieved
- Preparing monthly reports for senior management and escalating any critical and major issues in a timely manner
- Liaising with the sales team to provide contract support as required
- Proactively assist with and propose innovative solutions to support the ongoing technical and operational development of the department to ensure the consistent delivery of excellent standards of service to customers by operating the laboratory in the most professional, efficient and cost effective manner while maintaining highest standards of quality and health and safety.
- Assist with co-ordination and liaison with relevant external accreditation or regulatory bodies (e.g. INAB, HPRA) and represent the company during customer and regulatory audits
- Supporting training of personnel in Quality System and Technical Procedures, including induction training for new employees.
- Supporting with timely investigation of customer complaints, queries and other sources of non-conforming work
- Assist with implementation of H&S policies and procedures and co-ordination of H&S activities across all departments
- Reference document and relevant legislation reviews
- Any other duties deemed applicable and required to support the effective operations of the business and the implementation of the quality management system
- Complying with all aspects of Eurofins H&S policy
- Uphold and maintain confidentiality at all times
What we are looking for:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Chemistry, Food Science or other relevant subject
- Record of ongoing professional development
- Be working towards/have full membership of a relevant professional body
- Appropriate experience of Quality Management Systems operating to ISO 17025
- Practical analytical chemistry experience ideally in a high volume contract laboratory or food industry is preferable
- At least 5 years experience of working with ISO 17025 either in a laboratory or QA role.
- Good working knowledge of contract testing laboratory activities as relevant to the food, dairy, water and environmental sectors
- Thorough understanding of quality system and accreditation requirements with a proven ability to apply technical knowledge
- Trained Auditor with relevant practical experience
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, report writing and statistical skills would be an advantage
Who we are looking for:
- Highly motivated, professional and enthusiastic individual who can work well within a busy multi-disciplinary technical environment as well as under their own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organise and co-ordinate both your own workload
- Skills to influence others to achieve common goals for the benefit of our customers
- Confident approach with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Communication skills both internally and externally. Ability to understand customers requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solution
- Ability to form strong working relationships with colleagues, regulators and customers