The role: International PR Manager - Betfair International
We are looking for an International PR Manager to join our International Brand Marketing team in Dublin.The closing date for this position is Thursday 21st January.
Are you our next star player?
The newly created International PR Manager role will have end-to-end responsibility for delivering Betfair’s PR strategy in our International target markets.
Building on the successful international expansion of Betfair’s PR model in 2020, you will have strategic autonomy to grow our Share of Voice in our key growth markets. As well as sustaining Betfair’s #1 ranking for earned press coverage, your team will propose and execute against the ambitious, ‘big ticket’ activations that will amplify PR reach and move the needle on Brand Awareness.
You’ll also have accountability for hiring a direct report who’ll be dedicated to the International business, as our first PR hire on the ground in Latin America. In addition, the role involves day-to-day management of all local agency relationships, and ownership of the agency selection process for any new market entries.
With an initial focus on Brazil, Spain, Romania and Peru, the International PR Manager will scale our proven PR model within Betfair’s future target markets around the world, and lead business casing for go-to-market resource requirements.
Working with premium International sponsorships like the Copa Libertadores, and legendary football ambassador Rivaldo, you’ll play a key role in ensuring these assets are fully activated. And as we build out our sponsorship playbook within new countries, your team will lead the go-to-market strategy to land press coverage for new club, competition and ambassador partnerships in our most important growth markets.
Why we need you
Your role will include:
- Building relationships with media outlets in Betfair’s international regions, to secure media coverage and take share of voice from competitors
- Planning major PR activations and day-to-day press engagement, both on a proactive basis in-line with the sporting calendar, and in response to high profile events in the news media
- Developing great relationships with agencies and sponsorship partners to maximise the impact of sports partnerships
- Championing the value of our earned media within the business, ensuring we celebrate success and enhance the profile of PR as a channel
- Working with the Head of International Brand Marketing to support budget and/or business casing when pitching for additional resource
- Evaluating performance each month, and making recommendations for campaign optimisation
- Ensuring our Tone of Voice and external image are consistent, and aligned with our brand values
Who we’re looking for
- In-depth understanding of the news media landscape
- Experience in building personal network of media contacts to secure press coverage
- Agency management experience
- Commercial acumen and a will to deliver projects that impact brand metrics
- Experience in a fast-moving ecommerce environment
- Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Fluency in English and either Spanish or Portuguese is essential
- Resilience: Resilient and confident under pressure, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Customer obsessed: Quickly gains an understanding of what drives Sports bettors, executing customer-centric campaigns that deliver against their motivations
- Quality obsessed: gets it right first time
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills: comfortable operating at pace to a high standard, despite requiring the involvement of multiple stakeholders across multiple countries to deliver results. Actively builds a network of effective relationships across Flutter. Can get things done both through formal channels and informal networks
- Fast learner: Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and extracts lessons learned from failures or mistakes
- Comfortable both in detail and in stepping back to consider long term strategy
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- 1000 EUR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym and subsidised canteen
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll schedule a Zoom interview.
PokerStars and Betfair International are part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.