My client is a reinsurer established to operate as an asset intensive reinsurer and acquirer in Europe. Through their strategy, my client will look to assume asset based risks within its risk appetite, and efficiently operate these businesses or portfolios.
The Investment Reporting Lead is a key role within the Finance Department and would suit a candidate looking to make a move from the investments industry into insurance. The Investment Reporting Lead will report to the Unit Linked Group Manager, with a dotted line to the Head of Unit Linked Business.
The role will be responsible for oversight and relationship management of third-party investment managers and software providers, as well as, reporting for the unit-linked book of business across European sites.
- Understanding the business model for the Unit Linked book of business across the group, to ensure consistency and auditable controls are applied for fund reporting records across linked sites.
- Monitoring Service Level delivery from Third Party administrators and software providers as part of the Unit Linked Business’ trade and valuation processes.
- Review of daily, and monthly, net asset value and general ledger accounting journals and reconciliations; ensuring data is captured and reported in a timely manner and compiled to an audit standard; deputising for the manager of the business as needed.
- Input to quarterly Board reporting; including production of period investment reports and pricing policies for the Group companies
- Oversight of performance of funds managed by third party Investment Managers;
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new transactions and portfolio’s into the Unit Linked Business ;
- Assisting with statutory and Solvency II financial reporting;
- Carrying out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that professional standards are maintained, that the investment requirements and reporting deadlines are met; evidencing controls to ensure records are maintained and that investment processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- Occasional travel across European offices of the group to ensure consistency of reporting across Unit Linked Business lines, especially during period of on boarding of business across Europe.
- Pooled Fund Reporting experience at a team lead level, with fund reporting and production experience of 7+ years;
- Experience in investment operations including investment pricing and valuations; specifically, working with custodians, fund administrators and fund managers to ensure robust reconciliation and controls on a monthly basis for Net Asset Value and General Ledger Reporting;
- Detailed knowledge of InvestPro, Bloomberg, and Morningstar preferred; expert Excel user level with data base experience is essential.
- Previous experience of working in a deadline driven environment; demonstrating time management and ability to work with changing priorities in a time sensitive environment;
- Given the expansion of the Unit Linked business line in Europe, European languages would be an advantage