AIS - IS Applications Lead
Our global biotechnology client is looking for an experienced IS Applications Lead to join their team in Louth. The IS Applications Lead will be responsible for effectively managing and leading the IS Applications, Analytics and Laboratory IT support teams, supporting site operations and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
The IS Applications Lead will champion the use of data and information, play a key role identifying where, when, how and why the business uses data, and transform it into information that serves each function at the site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide technical guidance to the IS Applications support team and the Laboratory IT support team, ensuring the necessary resources and skill sets are available and developed to meet current and future business needs
- Develop IS strategies, plan and execute system roadmaps and support new technology deployment
- Increase and maintain site Historian data collection to support existing manufacturing areas and new projects.
- Deliver and present analytics / reports for key stakeholders across the site to drive decision making - champion the use of data and information evolving the company into a true data-driven organisation
- Responsible for determining the sites data related needs and developing proposed solutions.
- Responsible for the maintenance, administration, compliance and availability of the application systems and Laboratory IT systems.
- Management of 3rd party suppliers/contractors/Systems integrator's as required
- Technical solution design and evaluation, delivery, commissioning and validation, schedule tracking, budget management for sustaining initiatives
- Evolution and continuous improvement of work processes to ensure consistency, efficiency and quality, employing LEAN practices as appropriate
- Definition and maintenance of clear metrics to demonstrate team performance and service delivery
- Ensure appropriate and timely escalation of issues and risks
- Ensuring alignment of solutions with company and industry standards and regulations as they pertain to systems and system architectures
- Active member of the AIS management team, contributing to and supporting the overall AIS strategy and functional deliverables
- Perform all tasks with due care and attention and in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and company requirements, policies and procedures
- Be a champion for safe working practices and safety initiatives within their functional area and beyond
- Travel at various times is anticipated to support AIS and Operations network alignment, knowledge share and projects.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Biotech Engineering or related computer science engineering with 5+ years experience in operations/manufacturing environment leading teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills, team development, definition and implementation of organisation strategies.
- Experience in the delivery and management of GMP IS Application systems such as OSI Pi Historian, TrackWise, Maximo, Document Management Systems etc. and GMP Laboratory IT Systems such as Empower CDS, LMES, Sample Manager LIMS, Laboratory Analytical Equipment and instruments will be an advantage.
- Excellent data manipulation skills
- Experience dealing with a large portfolio of systems, projects and initiatives in the areas of Information Systems and Operations.
- Strong knowledge of databases, reporting and analytic systems and Information Systems supporting manufacturing business unit is a plus.
- Strong technical and organisational communication, coordination, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information.
- Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Ability to constructively challenge, defend and present technical aspects of system design
- Ability to influence the development of business area strategy and AIS strategy where appropriate
- Ability to anticipate, evaluate and resolve multiple, simultaneous solution delivery / technical issues, delays and problems by utilising technical, project management, and business expertise.
Berkley Life Science & Engineering is a specialist consultancy recruiting Life Science & Engineering professionals for organisations throughout Ireland; for more information go to www.berkley-group.com
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please contact Lisa Cooney on +353 21 428 9624 or send your CV to email@example.com