Location: Blanchardstown Dublin 15
Wanted: An experienced IT Application Administrator who can support and maintain existing business system applications such as Sterling GIS, BizTalk2004 and all associated support systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· IT focal point for Applications and iFactory Support
· Provide leadership in small IT projects for both Customers and Vendors
· Develop & executes test plans.
· Interviews, gather requirements, follow business guidelines and work with DBA and BA team to deploy Custom reports in iFactory
· Write functional specifications of user needs for application development, enhancements, and testing
· Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
· Change Management related to applications and services
· Handles all incidents and requests related to Applications, databases and users issues
· Interact with functional resource to understand &/or clarify requirements.
· Develop architectural and process solution per our technical analysis to match functional specification.
· Work with senior eCommerce programmer to prepare technical specifications for more complex projects.
· Provide assistance to EC Operations staff in supporting Trading Partners as required
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
· Good working knowledge of standard computer operating systems, i.e. Microsoft, Unix. Knowledge of Gentran Integration Suite.
· Understand object oriented concepts.
· Understanding of database objects, tables, views, keys, indexes, stored procedures.
· Understanding of software design methodologies.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016.
· Depending on the profile and site characteristics, knowledge in development (C#, Windows, SQL Server basically) that can make small changes or create new software from scratch.
· Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and networks.
· Knowledge of SAP and IDOC processing.
· Good logical, analytical & mathematical skills.
· Good organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.