What you will do
The IT Business Lead for the Enterprise Sales and Digital Solutions space, is a business-facing IT leadership position accountable for successful delivery of all IT services and investments that enable the Enterprise Sales and Digital Solutions area.
The position operates within a matrixed IT Operating Model in which the IT Business Lead is accountable for the outcomes of a comprehensive set of IT services utilized to enable the enterprise sales and digital solutions function. These IT services are operated by leveraged IT teams, managed centrally across the enterprise. The leaders of these IT services teams are responsible for running the day-to-day operations of these teams. The IT services teams are: IT Operations, IT Solution Delivery, Information Security, and Program Management Office (PMO).
Accountabilities of the IT Business Lead position include:
- Align strategic and tactical business objectives with corresponding IT objectives, partnered with business stakeholders and IT colleagues.
- Participate in IT strategy creation, including alignment of Enterprise with Business Unit strategies.
- Formulate synthesized business capability and technology advancement strategies and long-term roadmaps, partnered with business stakeholders and enterprise IT colleagues.
- Provide insights and thought-leadership on industry/functional trends and best practices to guide business priorities, customer and employee experience advancements, and technology decisions.
- Utilize high-level business process and IT system architectures to guide business capability and technology advancement roadmaps, partnered with business stakeholders and IT colleagues.
- Plan and manage an annual IT investment portfolio for Enterprise sales and Digital Solutions in alignment with budgetary thresholds, business priorities, and IT strategies.
- Create and process IT investment proposals and/or Agile Release Trains, collaborating with business stakeholders and IT colleagues to define scope, ROI, risks & mitigations, major components of work, staffing requirements, and financial needs.
- Serve as IT Lead of IT investments, partnered with Business Lead(s), PMO, and IT Delivery Leader(s), to achieve scope, cost, schedule, quality, adoption, and value outcomes`.
- Participate in Steering Committees, Operating Committees, and/or Agile Program Increment Events to guide activities, make trade-off decisions, remove roadblocks, and unify business and IT communities.
- Provide functional management of IT Business Analysts where required.
- Enable effective practices in data governance, business intelligence, and data analytics.
- Support risk management, regulatory compliance, Information Security, and audit remediation activities.
- Support definition and utilization of IT governance processes and policies.
- Perform the duties of a Product Manager in collaboration with business stakeholders and IT colleagues in circumstances where the Agile methodology is applied, including:
- Defining business capabilities and features for solutions/products
- Prioritizing the feature backlog using methods such as Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF)
- Creating Feature Maps and Minimum Viable Products (MVPs)
- Conducting Design Thinking and Value Stream Mapping workshops
What we look for
- 10+ years of industry experience with 3 years in relevant business roles and 5 years in relevant IT roles
- Solid IT general management skills (organizational, financial, and operational management)
- Exceptional leadership skills to achieve tangible outcomes in a heavily matrixed management environment
- Experience leveraging the Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid solution delivery methodologies
- Adept visionary, strategy creation, and long-term plan realization skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Deep experience in CRM systems deployment
- Track record of leading complex business transformations across multiple $1 billion businesses
- Track record of planning and executing programs to harmonize processes and converge IT systems
- Track record of planning and delivering IT investment portfolios of approximately $5 million per year
- Track record of leveraging internally and externally sourced IT services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering; Master’s in Business Administration or Technology Management preferred