IT Helpdesk Technician
A competent helpdesk technician to provide technical assistance on IT systems and applications. Must be able to answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. Candidates must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the issues and explain a solution. Excellent customer service required and the ability to be patient to deal with difficult issues.
- Be the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, etc.
- Record issues, incidents and requests accurately on the call management system
- Carefully explain the problem solving process to the end user and perform remote troubleshooting as required
- Escalate unresolved issues to 2nd level support or third parties as required
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Follow-up and update users on resolution status and information
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures and processes
- Relevant qualification and 2+ years’ IT helpdesk experience
- Good knowledge of hardware and associated technologies: Servers, desktop, laptop and printers, Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating systems, Active Directory, etc.
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Office & Office 365 experience
- Knowledge of networking technologies
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills