IT Delivery Project Manager
Our client are a large and well know organisation in Ireland.
They have an immediate requirement for a number of IT Project Managers to deliver key IT related projects. These roles are offered as a 2-year FTC but there is a possibility pf permanency but this is not guaranteed. The role is based in Dublin and will start remotely.
You will report to a Project Delivery Lead and you will have full responsibility for managing the project delivery through the project life cycle.
- Managing the delivery of a portfolio of projects from initiation through to project closeout.
- Influencing the continuous improvement of project delivery across various portfolios, through the use of standard project delivery processes.
- Ensuring the procurement process is followed as appropriate in the project lifecycle.
- Acting as a key enabler to business for project delivery.
- Managing project plans and allocating resources to achieve planned work schedules.
- Managing & reporting on status, risks, issues and projects plans of all projects within the portfolio on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that analysis and overall system design, including production of specifications is completed.
- Manages stakeholders across the project lifecycle including users and external resources/service providers.
- Managing to budgets and timescales to ensure adherence to approved milestones and overall budget
- Ensure the project team develops detailed test plans and test data for system, business, and post – production testing.
- Managing one or more direct reports, where allocated.
- Ensure user training and post go live support established and completed to support the project.
- Keeping up to date on issues and development so that leading practices can be applied across the organisation.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with business leaders and influencing their decisions on project prioritisation.
- Managing relationships with all suppliers and contractors, monitoring their progress and adherence to the contract, representing the Project Delivery team at meetings with third parties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Business, IT or related discipline. Minimum of 7 years Project Delivery Experience, with a least 5 years as a Project Manager.
- Project Management qualification required.
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others.
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential. improvements, and propose and implement solutions.
- Ability to set up ongoing procedures to collect and review information as needed.
- Proactively identifying new areas of learning and using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job.
- Ability to set own high standards of performance and delivering desired results.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning team and work on varied and interesting projects. Please submit your CV through the link today for immediate consideration.
Pension and bonus