My client based in Dublin City is looking for a Support Engineer to join them on a 3-4 month initial day rate contract.
• Provide 1st/2nd line technical support and assistance to internal customers on all matters relating to IT through the IT Helpdesk
• Log, track, and monitor all help desk interactions.
• Use strong analytical skills to analyze and resolve technical issues relating to a broad range of IT hardware and software applications and quickly escalate issues that require urgent attention or more senior-level support
• Provide support to the IT department as needed
• Purchase/Install/Configure user PCs, Laptops, Software, Phones, Printers and other devices as required
• Maintain accurate hardware and software inventory and prepare periodic helpdesk activity reports
• Participate in projects as required to facilitate improvements to business processes and/or infrastructure
• Although based in head office, you will occasionally travel to other sites in the company, so a car is needed
• Previous experience in IT Helpdesk including supervision of IT helpdesk ticketing system and liaising with 3rd party support.
• Advanced level experience and working knowledge of computer hardware, network printers, Windows operating systems Exchange Server and Active Directory.
• Network experience which includes TCP/IP, VPN, Wi-Fi, LAN, WAN, MPLS, SD-WAN, Switches, and Cabling
• Working experience of VMWare, Office365
• Microsoft Certifications a distinct advantage
• Working knowledge of Citrix an advantage
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Customer service oriented and professional demeanor
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
• Excellent listening skills
• Solid problem solving, critical thinking and root cause analysis skills
• Strong time management skills, able to multitask and set priorities
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Fine attention to detail and quality of work
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Able to instruct or teach others on IT, especially remotely
To find out more information on this role please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 016520652