The IT project management role involves working on a number of programs and projects
in the delivery of a company-wide digital transformation program and new utilities business
market entry. This role will involve significant interaction between business partners,
internal IT team and third-party suppliers.
The role involves working with the parent holding company to develop project management
tools and processes and implement best practices of parent company within the IT team.
This role will also involve project management of some of the workstreams within the
This role also has a planning and financial component which involves, sizing the various
investment choices from a cost and resource perspective, calculating current and future total
cost of IT, evaluating the best return on investment for various scenarios and managing the
proposals through the CapEX process.
IT Department encompasses a wide range of platforms and technologies which
along with a dynamic environment will ensure the successful applicant will have an
interesting and varied role along with a competitive remuneration package.
We are a strong & mature company but still very dynamic, constantly expanding into
new products and markets. The company thrives because of its very healthy employee
relationship and has an enviable staff retention rate. Internal and external training will be
provided where required.
Main areas of responsibilities
* Performing the annual IT budgeting planning process
* Project management of at least one workstream involving multiple projects within
the IT transformation program.
* Defining systems and processes to manage and report on IT suppliers and total cost
of IT across multiple divisions and multiple categories of spend.
* Develop processes to calculate cost benefit analysis of upcoming IT investments.
Degree or Diploma in Finacce, IT or related field, or equivient experience, is required for this
Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar role
Role specific knowledge / skills:
This is a broad and varied role and the right candidate will be an exceptional team player.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset with strong planning and organizational
skills, excellent communication skills, a demonstrated knowledge of working with complex
processes and IT systems, and knowledge or experience in the utilities, manufacturing,
pharmaceutical or financial services industries.
The following skills are an advantage:
* IT Program or project management experience
* Effective planning and prioritization skills including benefits analysis
* Strong IT planning and analysis skills
* Experience in working in complex environments with multiple stakeholders
including internal business partners, sister companies and with the parent group.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills and positive attitude
* Strong analytical capabilities, ability to problem solve and balance scope, schedule
resources and risk
* Customer centric approach to understanding end users requirements
* Knowledge of IT systems and processes
* Knowledge of the Utilities, manufacturing, pharmaceutical or financial services sectors