A leading Mechanical and electrical client based in County Dublin is looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their team. The required Candaite will be working on large scale projects in Dublin or Kildare. The required candidate would have 2 years experience in either Quantity Surveying roles in Construction/Engineering business and Degree qualified in either Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
Principal Duties for the Junior Quantity Surveyor:
- To provide support to Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying functions including, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with contract obligations and provide advice and monitoring of same to the construction team
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to management.
- Compile monthly progress applications and ensure they are inclusive of accurate remeasure, site variations, daywork or claims
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Manage subcontractor accounts from initial award to interim valuation, variations and final account.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with Group Policies & highlight exceptions to Management
Selection Criteria for the Junior Quantity Surveyor:
- Academically (Degree) qualified in either Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience in either Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business
- Good Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements
If you are a Junior Quantity Surveyor you would like to find out more information about the role or would like to discuss other similar opportunities, feel free to reach out to me by applying with your CV below.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.