Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.Job Description
Consider joining Eurofins where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract lab that provides testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
This position is to join our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee of Eurofins. The programme places full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility to provide long term staffing needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track recording in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills
We are currently seeking a Lab Support Analyst to join our PSS group in Kinsale Co Cork within theTechnical Services/Manufacturing team.
The purpose of this job is to serve as a member of the TS/MS Laboratory group within the client environment to support their technical and analytical tasks, to work to the highest standards in terms of quality and professionalism.
- Supporting cell culture and downstream purification projects including set-up of equipment and material preparation.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment by performing checks (i.e. calibrations, reagent replenishment) and organizing performance maintenance or services as required in conjunction with laboratory staff and project schedules.
- Maintenance of minimum stock levels including ordering of laboratory materials/reagents and associated inventory logs (e.g. raw materials).
- Provide technical support to ongoing studies when required (e.g. sampling bioreactors, sub-culturing flasks, analytical assays etc.).
- Operation, cleaning and maintenance of autoclaves, and cold room.
- Cleaning of equipment of HPLC systems, and responsibility for overall cleanliness of work areas.
- Complete tasks with emphasis on safety, with reporting of, and following up on, safety items.
- Bioreactor preparation, media/feed/buffer make-ups, probe/equipment calibration and organization.
- Provide core technical support with preparation of, and maintenance of, day-to-day lab equipment.
- Maintain and update of laboratory equipment maintenance records, electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN), and associated data files as appropriate to tasks.
- This person will be responsible for providing assistance for other members of staff as required.
- Responsible for providing general assistance in laboratories.
- This person will ensure that all required documentation is completed on time, accurately and legibly.
- Responsible for adhering to all company standards in the areas of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- As with all members of staff this person is responsible for ensuring that customers requirements are fully met and in so doing will be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- Minimum of diploma in relevant scientific discipline (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology)
- Minimum of1 years relevant industry based experience preferable (dependant on qualifications).
Experience / Skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Familiarity with laboratory-scale cell culture techniques and equipment (i.e. aseptic technique, media make-up, Autoclave running) is a distinct advantage.
- Strong IT skills
- Good communication skills both internally and externally
Ideally the right candidate would have HPLC, Elisa or CE experience.