Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 4.2billion Euros turnover, more than 800laboratories across 47countries and more than 45.000 staff.Since 2017 ELS Ltd has been part of the Eurofins Group. ELS Ltdis a leading water testing laboratory in Ireland with an extensive range of ISO17025 INAB accredited tests and provides independent testing services to comply with the EU Drinking Water Directive.
The company is now seeking to appoint a Laboratory Manager at our environmental testing laboratory in Cork, Ireland.Job Description
A member of the senior management team, reporting to the Managing Director and responsible for the overall day to day operation of the laboratory. Co-ordinating the activities of the laboratory personnel and working closely with the other departmental heads in order to ensure the operational efficiency of the lab, while maintaining high levels of safety, quality and customer service. Responsible for ensuring that the laboratory operation has both the capability and capacity to deliver the services required to support the testing function whilst driving operational excellence.
- Managing a commercial laboratory to achieve turnaround targets and exceptional quality levels
- Managing staff across a the operational and analytical sections in the laboratory
- Ensure the quality control and quality management systems are maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify any non-conformities in quality as they occur. Implementing corrective actions
- Ensure operational adherence to applicable policies, standard operating procedures and methods by all operational staff
- Establish where necessary and maintain existing operational standards for cost control, quality, safety and on-time delivery
- Ensure all equipment/instrumentations are properly maintained and serviced complying with regulatory standards where applicable and/or to ensure proper performance and function
- Daily rounds of the laboratory to judge the effectiveness of operation, utilisation of staff and creating/influencing an environment in which staff perform, grow, contribute and enjoy their work
Identify laboratory training needs and look at ways to develop the required skills to align with the resource plans as well as maintaining the training requirements for all lab technicians and analystsQualifications
What We Are Looking For:
- A professional confident individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills along with the ability to provide effective leadership and motivate staff
- To be a role model leader, leading by example and continuously embed our core values of quality, customer focus, competence, integrity and to foster team spirit
- Must have a sound knowledge of the laboratory environment including health and safety and quality processes, it is essential that these must be clearly relayed, understood and adhered to
A Masters degree in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or other related qualification is required.
A minimum of 5 years experience with at least 3 at senior level in an accredited laboratory or similar industry
Experience and proven track record in managing high volume throughput laboratories
Knowledge of the operation of an ISO accredited laboratory and understanding of INAB audit procedures.
Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Income Protection Assurance, Private Medical Insurance Scheme, Group Pension Scheme, Paid Holidays