Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.Job Description
Consider joining Eurofins, where our people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading global contract laboratory organisation providing analytical, research and support services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical arena to clients worldwide.
We currently have positions to join our innovative and multi award-winning Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee of Eurofins. The programme places full-time analysts, assistants, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility to collaborate with the client, provide for long term staffing needs, while maintaining the same service, expertise and cGMP compliance available at our Eurofins facilities. This award winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We currently have two QC Support Technician positions opened at the moment in our PSS site in Limerick.
The purpose of this job is to provide laboratory support services to the customer related to sample shipment, controlled temperature / stability unit maintenance, stability sample co-ordination and reconciliation under the customer quality system, using customer company procedures, and while adhering to Eurofinsgeneral policies and standards.
- Support stability Coordinator and ensure that equipment operates in a compliant state; qualified, calibrated and properly maintained.
- Support QC Stability co-ordinator in the selection and ordering of CTUs, stability chambers and related equipment.
- Maintain CTU inventory and monitor chamber performance
- Coordinates sample shipments to outside contractors under the guidance of Sample Management, Stability and External Lab Coordinator.
- Collaborates with Sample Management and Stability/External Coordinators and other departments to receive material
- Responsible for accurately logging samples into the relevant systems in a timely manner as required.
- Supports QC Stability Coordinator to prepare samples for inclusion in stability studies (aliquoting, labelling, distribution to appropriate stability chambers and also to remove samples from chambers according to protocol pull schedules and submits to appropriate testing group.
- Prepares labels for stability studies under the guidance of the Stability/External Coordinator
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant documentation is completed accurately and logged where necessary.
- Coordinate sample disposal in conjunction with Sample Management and Stability Coordinator
- Responsible for cleaning laboratory and equipment as required e.g. autoclaves, BSCs etc.
- Immediately notify the PSS Group Lead / Shift lead or a customer representative, any anomalous or non-conformances.
- Participating in all training required and scheduled by the PSS Group Lead/Shift Lead or the customer. Being prepared and on time for that training. Engaging in training processes and ensuring all information received is completely understood.
- Completion of training records, and ensuring that all records presented for review and approval are at the appropriate standard.
- Participating in all training required and scheduled by the PSS Manager/Lead Technician or the customer. Being prepared and on time for that training. Engaging in training processes and ensuring all information received is completely understood.
- Ensuring at all times that all documentation and laboratory records are up to date and of an appropriate standard.
- Ensuring that all work carried out is approached Right First Time so as to avoid any re-work or errors.
- Being constantly aware of customers requirements and striving to meet or exceed those requirements keeping in mind the customer process end points.
- Dealing with customer queries and to contact designated personnel with any relevant information or issues with service in general.
- Ensuring that all documentation is completed on time. Ensuring that it is accurate and legible and conforms to the relevant quality standards.
- Assisting in laboratory investigations as appropriate.
- Assisting laboratory analytical personnel and perform ad-hoc lab duties as required.
- Adhering to all customer standards in the areas of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Keeping the work area clean and tidy in both seen and unseen areas.
- Identifying any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.Qualifications
Education / Qualifications
- Diploma in relevant scientific discipline.
- HETAC/NCEA certificate in a related discipline or administrative qualification.
- Ideally 1-2 years record keeping experience (preferably electronic records).
- Minimum of 6 months laboratory/GMP experience.
Good planning and organisational skills
Accuracy and attention to detail
Good team player
Strong IT skills
Good communication skills both internally and externally
Familiarity with pharmaceutical and/or laboratory operations (GMP, Documentation, Autoclaves, Sample Management) is a distinct advantage
Support Technician positions are day roles.