Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.Job Description
Consider joining Eurofins where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract laboratory that provides testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
This position is to join our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee of Eurofins.The programme places full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same quality expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Analyst to join our new and exciting PSS team based in Dunboyne Co. Meath and lead the Environmental Monitoring (EM) Program.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and manage an off-site Professional Scientific Services team of analytical staff to ensure that customer requirements, quality requirements, and organisational goals are met. This person will be the key point of contact for both the Eurofins PSS Team and also the client on a day-to-day basis.
In general the Lead Analyst is expected to spend 25% of their time on leadership duties, and 75% of their time on laboratory based activities
- Work with the PSS Manager to effectively coordinate and lead the PSS team so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety and housekeeping are run at maximum efficiency
- Notify the client representative, any anomalous or out of specification results and participate in the investigation as appropriate.
- Completion of training records, and ensuring that all records presented for review and approval are at the appropriate standard.
- Providing training to other team members as required. Ensuring all training delivered is documented appropriately.
- Being constantly aware of clients requirements and striving to meet or exceed those requirements keeping in mind the client process end points.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the client relationship and service goals and help others achieve the same.
- Dealing with client queries and to contact designated personnel with any relevant information or issues relating to test results or the service in general.
- Reviewing and approving all relevant documentation in a timely manner and ensuring that it is communicated, documented, filed accurately, and compliant with the required standards.
- Set up a laboratory including drafting general standard operating procedures (SOPs)and EM specific SOPs
- Work withOperations, Quality Assurance, and the Projects team on authoring HVAC qualification protocols
- Author EM SOPs, EM methods, area SOPs containing site sample map information
- Oversee the purchase and vendor qualification of viable and non-viable EM air samplers
- Schedule the execution of HVAC qualification Environmental monitoring identifying efficiency opportunities in the process
- Execute the environmental monitoring associated with the HVAC qualification protocols
- Prepare a routine EM program to start once HVAC PQs complete and continue the routine EM in these areas at a routine frequency while other areas continue to be qualified in a staggered approach.
- Order and control irradiated pre-poured media plates required for EM. Including co-ordination of quality checks and release for use of the media (growth promotion performed offsite by a third party)
- Provide support and subject matter expert knowledge in investigations associated with deviations
- A Degree in Microbiology or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience of environmental monitoring within a GMP environment, experience of working in a facility start up is essential.
- At least 1 years experience in a supervisory/leadership capacity is an advantage
- Willing to operate in a flexible manner and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Ability to communicate clearly both internally and externally and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work in a lab environment with some supervision and be capable of developing solutions to problems.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
This is a great opportunity to join our award-winning team partnering with one of the world's top pharmaceutical companies.
This position is full-time and permanent and the working week is 39hrs (Mon-Fri) but there is the potential that occasional weekend work would be required. Salary is competitive and benefits include Medical Insurance, pension and life assurance.