Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.Job Description
Consider joining Eurofins where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract lab that provides testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
This position is to join our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee of Eurofins. The programme places full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility to provide long term staffing needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track recording in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently seeking aLead Analytical Development Analystto join our new and exciting PSS group in Limerick.
The role will involve analytical method development and optimisation, transfer and validation, according to regulatory guidelines and troubleshooting analytical issues obtained during method development.
This role is also responsible for leading a small Professional Scientific Services (PSS) team of analytical staff to ensure that the team is operating at the highest quality and productivity standards, have high morale and retention, and the agreed client requirements are entirely satisfied and that client expectations are met or exceeded through effective leadership and quality operational management, under the supervision of the PSS Manager. This person will be a key point of contact for the client on a day-to-day basis.
Experience / Skills
- Develop, evaluate & verify analytical methods across a range of techniques (including HPLC and Dissolution.
- Provide analytical testing across a range of techniques
- Provide analytical support in technical transfers and troubleshooting.
- To develop methods independently and to train in method development.
- Demonstrate problem solving in delivering process and analytical understanding.
- Providing training to other team members as required. Ensuring all training delivered is documented appropriately.
- Development, coaching, motivation, and morale of team members through effective teambuilding and use of reward and recognition systems and celebrating team success.
- Participating in the preparation of and execution of the PAD reviews. Organising and executing regular one-to-ones with your team.
- Participating in the preparation and execution of Team Meetings, with the assistance of the PSS Manager.
- Being the main point of contact for the team and the client in terms of service provision discussions.
- Reviewing and approving all relevant documentation in a timely manner and ensuring that it is communicated, documented, filed accurately, and compliant with the required standards.
- Good understanding of requirements for working in a GMP environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be capable of developing solutions to problems
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- A degree in Chemistry or a related discipline is required with a minimum of 5 years experience working in a GMP laboratory
- At least 1 years Supervisory experience
- Method development and HPLC testing experience is essential
- Dissolution experience is an advantage