Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Analog Power and Interface Division (APID) provides solutions for power conversion and system interfacing that complement Microchip’s wide variety of products, such as MCUs, MPUs, and FPGAs. The power conversion portfolio includes a wide range of products including linear regulators, MOSFET and motor drivers, switch-mode controllers, switching regulators, and LED drivers. For higher power density solutions, APID also offers integrated power modules, which combine a regulator, inductor, and input/output caps into a single package. In addition to power conversion, APID produces protection and distribution devices, such as supervisors, load switches, hot-swap controllers, and efuses.
For system interfaces, APID has a growing portfolio of CAN/LIN transceivers, controllers, system basis chips, and system-in-package solutions. Embedded systems interface devices include I/O expanders, IrDA, and USB bridges. APID even has a line of high-voltage parts that drive MEMS devices, haptics interfaces, ultrasound solutions, and telephony systems, such as line circuits and line drivers.
Lead Architect Engineer with 8+ years of experience for the development of power management IC products. Works closely with various new product development teams and will be an integral part of new product definition, design and validation teams, architects ac/dc, dc/dc converters, MOSFET, SiC and GaN drivers, analog / digital PWM controllers and precision analog involved in power management products.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Requirements engineering of new power management IC products
- Concept engineering and create target specifications for new power management products while working in close collaboration with various product line teams.
- Develop IC architectures for power management ICs
- Innovate new SMPS topologies and IC architectures
- Develop bench validation platforms for hands-on testing and validation of ICs and intellectual property design blocks (IPs).
- Provide detailed bench validation outcomes to the design and product line teams.
- Cooperate with worldwide cross-functional teams (marketing, application, design, layout, lab and test engineers)
- A university degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8+ years of experience in the power management electronics industry.
- 4+ years of experience with power management IC design
- Longstanding experience in analog/mixed signal design
- Experience in product definition and concept engineering of new integrated circuits.
- Solid understanding of power converter systems topologies, control methods and magnetics.
- Solid understanding of feedback and control theory
- Good understanding of modeling and simulation techniques.
- Experience with PCB design and design tools such as Altium Designer.
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong team player and open mind.