IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Lead Building Services Engineer to join our rapidly growing team to be based at our newest EMEA office located in Dublin, Ireland.
The Lead Building Services Engineer manages the utilisation and development of professionals in the Building Services Discipline, which is comprised of Building Services Engineers and Designers in Ireland as directed by the Director of Building Services - EMEA.
- Ensure consistent, high quality deliverables via cold reviews.
- Support business development with technical support, proposal generation and work hour estimates.
- Possess sufficient technical proficiency in the various facets of building services design to understand project requirements and apply the appropriate resources and execution approach for a successful project.
- Supports strategic company initiatives.
- Acts as a SME for specified building services areas to support IPS’ general building services engineering development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with project manager and discipline leads to determine scope, cost, complexity and planning and scheduling requirements of projects.
- Assigns appropriate personnel to provide cost-effective engineering and technical support.
- Defines an appropriate cost-effective workflow process and level of design detail to achieve project goals.
- Estimates work hours to generate project deliverables and support the design team.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, consistency, timeliness and completeness of overall work to building services engineering principles, compliance with established IPS standards, procedures, codes and ordinances; adherence to project schedules; and provides adequate training, technical and administrative guidance and instruction to personnel within the discipline.
- Assists in the development of the building services strategic business plan in concert with overall company planning efforts involving technical/regulatory activities required to achieve long range and annual goals and objectives.
- Assists in ongoing strategic planning for the EMEA organisation.
- Performs various personnel functions that involve hiring, performance appraisal, salary position recommendations and employee development.
- Plans and schedules work for the discipline ensuring the proper and effective distribution of assignments and manpower, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Liaison for inter-office labour, work sharing and outsourcing to consultants.
- Evaluates and initiates the necessary training of the Building Services Discipline to insure pertinent technical competence, acceptable social/communication skills and personal development of leadership.
- Determines labor, resource and financial needs of the Discipline.
- Develops discipline policies, technical standards and procedures. Assists in the development and coordination of divisional and inter-departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Regularly reviews productivity/quality reports to ensure top performance.
- Participates in business development by seeking out new projects with existing or new clients.
- Contributes to the preparation and delivery of sales presentations and proposals.
- Delivers projects and consultancy work as required.
- Acts as a Project Manager when necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Extensive experience in the design of BioPharm facilities and associated utilities for the cGMP production of biological and pharmaceutical drugs.
- A BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Progressive ability, capacity and aptitude in administration to plan, organise, supervise and coordinate technical work and to obtain cooperation from others.
- Analytical thinking, structured problem solving skills, superior communications skills, team building and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work flexibly and cooperatively as part of a fluid, developing team to target business growth and high quality projects.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specialises in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,000 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.